hello, I am new here

Options
Hi,
My name is Dawn and I am new here. I am looking to start a healthier lifestyle. I just found out the Dr. wants to put me on medication for diabetes. I do not want to be on meds for the rest of my life. So here it goes.....Could use some freinds on here for support and encouragement.

Have a great Day!

Dawn

Replies

• gemtwist
    gemtwist Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn! I'm pretty new, too. I started about a month ago. Good for you for taking the first step toward a healthier life. You can do it!

-Claire
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Welcome to the group! This is an incredible tool for helping you change your life! Friend me if you'd like ... always love sharing & encouraging others on this journey! =)
  • paulbainjr
    Options
    Hi Dawn Welcome! Im a diabetic also just joined here not to long ago, I keep my carbs very low and also count calories it takes effort . My last A1c was 5.8 I have been on insulin for 10 years and finally can reduce it. :smile:
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This is a great site and I understand about loosing weight to go off of medicine. My mother is recently joined MFP for the same reason. You are more than free to friend me if you would like. :)

Laura
  • sittoojo5
    sittoojo5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You took the first step - welcome and good luck on your journey to a healthier you.
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Dawn and I am new here. I am looking to start a healthier lifestyle. I just found out the Dr. wants to put me on medication for diabetes. I do not want to be on meds for the rest of my life. So here it goes.....Could use some freinds on here for support and encouragement.

Have a great Day!

Dawn
    add me Dawn...I am diabetic too and this site has really helped me lose weight
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dawn.....you are taking the right step :-)
  • sigmabody
    sigmabody Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn!

Welcome to MFP!! Don't lose heart :-) It sounds like you were diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. I know it sounds scary but the good news is that this is known as a lifestyle disease which means you can dramatically slow down the progression and hopefully even reverse the symptoms where one day medication will be a thing of the past. Remember KNOWLEDGE + MOTIVATION = LIFESTYLE CHANGE!!! Please add me if you'd like. Take care!!
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I just started here about 7 weeks ago, and I have lost 20 lbs. I have some insulin resistance issues. MFP is the greatest place to be - so much support.

Feel free to friend me and good luck!