Wow that is exciting!

Options
I did it! Today I did my 6 month weigh in and measurements. I’m down 50.2 lbs and 42 inches! 7 of those inches are from my belly! I’m so excited! I’ve gone from a size 20 jean to a loose 14.

Still haven’t had anyone other than husband and kids notice/say anything and since I’ve really not told anyone but my weight loss groups it can be a little sad when I hit these milestones and have nobody to share with irl. But that’s ok! I still have a long way to go. I’ll be really happy to lose 35 more pounds but I might want to go for the full 100lbs, even if just for a while to be able to say I lost 100lbs! That would put me at 135 and at only 5’2” that would be fine, but just a little too thin for what I feel comfortable at. We will see! I’m just so happy to have reached 50lbs down!

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    YAYYYYY!!!! That is some awesome work!
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats!
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's always so rewarding to see hard work pay off
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress and congratulations!
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Great job. It is disappointing when nobody seems to notice, but there are many reasons (none of which really has to do with you!) I had lost 50+ pounds when I went to see my sister (from a 14 to a 4) and she said nothing. I actually think that my loss made her feel bad about herself (she could lose 30-40 pounds). Also. The first time EVER that I weighed less than her (and a lot less).

YOU know what you have done. Enjoy and be proud of yourself. Don't let other's issues undermine your feelings regarding your wonderful accomplishment.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :)
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I did it! Today I did my 6 month weigh in and measurements. I’m down 50.2 lbs and 42 inches! 7 of those inches are from my belly! I’m so excited! I’ve gone from a size 20 jean to a loose 14.

Still haven’t had anyone other than husband and kids notice/say anything and since I’ve really not told anyone but my weight loss groups it can be a little sad when I hit these milestones and have nobody to share with irl. But that’s ok! I still have a long way to go. I’ll be really happy to lose 35 more pounds but I might want to go for the full 100lbs, even if just for a while to be able to say I lost 100lbs! That would put me at 135 and at only 5’2” that would be fine, but just a little too thin for what I feel comfortable at. We will see! I’m just so happy to have reached 50lbs down!

Fantastic milestone!

One thing you may discover is that as you get to a lower weight your perception will change and what you currently think is too low, may actually be where you find yourself most comfortable at :) There will be a lot of adjusting as you get closer to your initial goal weight-don't be afraid to 'try on' different weight ranges and see what clicks with you!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,970 Member
    Options
    zeejane4 wrote: »

Fantastic milestone!

One thing you may discover is that as you get to a lower weight your perception will change and what you currently think is too low, may actually be where you find yourself most comfortable at :) There will be a lot of adjusting as you get closer to your initial goal weight-don't be afraid to 'try on' different weight ranges and see what clicks with you!

Yep ^^ Agreed. I got to the top end of my healthy BMI range and I was pretty happy there for a while. Then I decided to get down to the middle of the BMI range and I'm really happy here. Perceptions change when reality happens.

Big congrats, @SarahMorganP :)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Congrats Job well done- You are rockin this thang!!!- One thing t note about others sayng "something" hen you lose weight is that
    they may not know exactly what to say- they may want to say congrats you look great- but may be afraid that you will think that they are saying you didn't look nice before- or they may want to cmment on how you lose but feel that IF they do YOU will feel awkward- so sometimes folks will just opt to say nothing- rahter than saying something that might be seen as hurtful- I'm just saying.... Anyway WTG!!!!!
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options

I work at home, so no one notices. Well my husband noticed and the tech at my dentists office noticed....but that wasn't until I hit 80 pounds lost that anyone said anything
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,970 Member
    Options
    wmweeza wrote: »

I work at home, so no one notices. Well my husband noticed and the tech at my dentists office noticed....but that wasn't until I hit 80 pounds lost that anyone said anything

I think anyone who has any social awareness is going to be extremely cautious in discussing any woman's weight - unless they know her really well. Even then, it could all go horribly wrong. It's a pretty loaded subject.

I know I steer way clear of discussing other peoples' weight. Learned my lesson the hard way. :lol:
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When people don't mention that they've noticed that you have lost weight, sometimes it's because it brings up issues of their own accountability to themselves. Give it time for them to process and I'm sure they will mention and congratulate you on your hard work. WTG.