Recovery help

Options
Jayz395
Jayz395 Posts: 90 Member
I’ve just started running. Done 1.5 miles yesterday and 2 miles this morning. Omg, my legs are sore, towards end of my run it was starting to be a struggle on my legs. Any tips please on how to help recover, thankyou in advance

Replies

• 8TWOmuch
    8TWOmuch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you’re well hydrated before and after your runs. Do you stretch after? That’ll also make a difference, especially in the beginning when you’re building those muscles.
  • Strongfitmama100412
    Strongfitmama100412 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Protein and bcaa. There are protein powders that have bcaa in them.

I also use creatine after my workouts for recovery.

But protein is number one for muscle recovery.

Here is a great article.
    https://www.muscleforlife.com/the-definitive-guide-to-muscle-recovery-and-muscle-growth/

Make sure you stretch AFTER your workouts as well. There is no need to stretch before. Muscles are cold they shouldnt be stretched. A good warmup first (5min walk) is recommended. Then go for your run
    Stretch after. Also a good yoga session once a week will be beneficial.

Because you are just starting out your working your muscles you haven’t worked out before. This will get better the more yoi train. Dont give up!!!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Suggest to run a program that manages your work load.

A good one most beginners are people reintroducing is C25K.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    Rest days, if you're new at running. Injuries are common with over-training.

Maybe use an app to get you started, like Couch to 5K.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    :lol: I have Chief on ignore. Did we say the same thing? *checks to see* :lol: yep.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    agree start smart. use a running program, stretch before and after and take break days. if it hurts you've done too much and back off.