Veg & Salad Calories

ziggycat
ziggycat Posts: 27
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Do you count your veg and salad calories. I was speaking to someone the other day and they don't bother.

Ziggy

Replies

• Do you count your veg and salad calories. I was speaking to someone the other day and they don't bother.

Ziggy
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    I count everything that goes in my mouth.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Every little thing counts
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Every little thing counts
  • I try to eat salads and veggies daily, and yeah I could the calorie because you would be surprised how many calories a salad, especially one with dressing has. I opt to just use lemon juice on my salad, but there are still enough calories in the salad for me not to overlook it. Hope that helps :smile:
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    I count everything too.
  • lettuce I sometimes don't bother 10 calories for 1-2 cups pffft.
  • amy_ryan
    amy_ryan Posts: 28 Member
    I count salad and veggies - less for the calories and more so that I can make sure I am getting the right balance of nutrients.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    i count everything. 10 calories here and there can add up.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    i count everything. 10 calories here and there can add up.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    I count everything myself.
  • Thanks everyone. I do count everything I was just wondering what everyone else did. As you said, 10 cals here and there soon add up don't they. The salad I have been making up is approx 90 cals without any dressing or annything in it, so basically thats nearly 100 cals isn't it. The good thing with the salad/veg though is you can have lots and lots and its still pretty low. :smile:

Ziggy
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    I made a salad a couple of weeks ago that added up to almost 500 calories. I had them to eat, so it didn't matter, but it was huge... I had leftover taco meat on it, and cheese and garbanzos. It adds up.

My husband just started on here, and was shocked at how his salad added up. Of course, he uses regular salad dressing, and adds a quarter cup of real cheese and another quarter cup of raisins. He's still got 1000 for dinner, and figures he's going to get that many. I laughed at him, because if I was cooking dinner, there's no way he'd hit 1000. I won't be here though... So maybe he will....
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    I count it all - my small lunch salad (lettace, carrots, mushrooms, garbonzo beans, fresh beets) - all good stuff but was 200 calories -
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    I count it all - my small lunch salad (lettace, carrots, mushrooms, garbonzo beans, fresh beets) - all good stuff but was 200 calories -

Even with garbanzos you were 200 calories? Lucky! lol
This discussion has been closed.