Back again!

Options

I’m back after a long hiatus and two foot surgeries! And still struggling. Same old same old- it seems no matter what I do, I can’t find the right formula for weight loss. I’m the highest weight I’ve ever been. I’m 45yrs old, 5’8 and 196lbs on a good day. I have discovered in recent months that gluten no longer agrees with me belly. So I’ve been cutting that out. I use beach body on demand for my workouts and just finished my second round of LIIFT 4 and this week started shift shop. I have been eating more often and trying to get more protein....:but that doesn’t seem to make a difference either. I need help. I would really appreciate help and not ciriticism. I would like to lose 30 lbs but it appears my weight is going in the wrong direction. I’m so frustrated and upset I could cry. I have always struggled with the daily calorie thing on mfp how that all works. This week hasn’t been a very good week. I’ve had m&ms and today I had a Bloody Mary. But I have tried to offset that by eating better too. I’m very lost. I do wear a Fitbit so that adjustment does go into mfp. And I do use a food scale. Would love to add friends also! So that’s me and where I’m at now!
Insightful
Inspiring
Woo
Hug
BoldItalicFormatEmojiAttach fileAttach image

You can use BBCode in your post.

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    If you've recently started the exercise there's possible water weight gain/retention. That does go away. You have to give yourself about 4-6 weeks of accurate tracking to get an idea of whether what you're doing is working or not, and that timeframe is to help offset temporary fluctuations. MFP's daily calorie goal is the number you aim to eat to, and it already includes a deficit. So ideally you don't want to intentionally eat under that number. MFP is also designed for you to eat exercise calories back, but that can be a bit of a guessing game since calorie burns can be over-estimated and people can eat too many of those back as a result. It's usually advised to eat back a portion and see how it goes.
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yes thank you! I have worked out regularly for quite a few years now and really no difference as far as muscle or weight loss. So I have to assume it’s my nutrition. That’s where I’ve always struggled. I don’t know that I eat enough? Eating the right things. I need to try on of meal plans that go with the beach body workouts I do. I have no idea how macros work either.
  • Aerial2021
    Aerial2021 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can relate to so much of your story!! I just started too do feel free to add me. Let's support each other through this 👍
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Make sure your profile is set up with your correct stats. Set your goal to lose 1 lb per week. Use the calorie goal mfp gives you.

Log accurately and consistently, using a food scale for everything possible, double checking the entries you are choosing in the database are accurate, not leaving anything out. Log your exercise and eat back some of those calories. Do this for 6-8 weeks. The scale will go down and up, that's normal.

If you are losing slower than you'd think at that point, you might need to reduce your calories a little.

Macros don't affect weight loss directly, but they can affect satiety so make sure your protein, fat, and fiber aren't too low.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum - lots of great info there. Hang in there :drinker: