Back again!

Options
djwife03
djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
I’m back after a long hiatus and two foot surgeries! And still struggling. Same old same old- it seems no matter what I do, I can’t find the right formula for weight loss. I’m the highest weight I’ve ever been. I’m 45yrs old, 5’8 and 196lbs on a good day. I have discovered in recent months that gluten no longer agrees with me belly. So I’ve been cutting that out. I use beach body on demand for my workouts and just finished my second round of LIIFT 4 and this week started shift shop. I have been eating more often and trying to get more protein....:but that doesn’t seem to make a difference either. I need help. I would really appreciate help and not ciriticism. I would like to lose 30 lbs but it appears my weight is going in the wrong direction. I’m so frustrated and upset I could cry. I have always struggled with the daily calorie thing on mfp how that all works. This week hasn’t been a very good week. I’ve had m&ms and today I had a Bloody Mary. But I have tried to offset that by eating better too. I’m very lost. I do wear a Fitbit so that adjustment does go into mfp. And I do use a food scale. Would love to add friends also! So that’s me and where I’m at now!
I have to assume my nutrition is what is keeping me from my goals. I’m not perfect, so I know there’s always room for improvement!

Replies

• djwife03
    Options
    I have worked out regularly for quite a few years now and really no difference as far as muscle or weight loss. So I have to assume it’s my nutrition. That’s where I’ve always struggled. I don’t know that I eat enough? Eating the right things. I need to try on of meal plans that go with the beach body workouts I do. I have no idea how macros work either.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hi. Hooray for your exercise.

Hooray for your food scale.

Did you weigh and log your M&M's? Did you weigh and log your Bloody Mary?
    Hooray for that if you did.

It is simple. Be honest with yourself. Weigh and log your food. Stop when your calorie budget is exhausted.

Then be patient. This is the rest of your life.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    *hands Jeromebarry1 some pom poms*

First off, the types of food you eat ("good" AND "bad") aren't what's making you gain weight. Barring any medical conditions, it's how much. I took a look at your diary and you're very precise with the weight in ounces. Like exactly 3 oz, 1 oz, etc. You might want to weigh by gram for a while even tho it's easy enough to convert. I'm probably way off on that being a reason. :)

Second of all, make sure your fitbit isn't giving you outrageous calorie burns during exercise. All but my classic fitbit have and the ones with a hrm never learned me like they should have.
  • djwife03
    Options
    I’m precise because I use my food scale. I will try weighing and going by grams and see
  • djwife03
    Options
    My Fitbit usually gives me 250-300 calories when I do the LIIFT 4 workouts
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    If you're calculating your calories burned and your logging is accurate and still not losing weight something is off (assuming you are in a deficit every week). Either your logging isn't as accurate as you think or you're over calculating your calories (both exercise and non exercise). Time to adjust the numbers. I would start evaluating your logging. Are you missing anything? Are you being honest with yourself? Then look at your exercise burns. Try cutting them in half.

The goal is to burn more then you eat. How you get their is irrelevant. Adjust the numbers until it works for you.

Keep it simple.

Good luck.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    djwife03 wrote: »
    I have always struggled with the daily calorie thing on mfp how that all works.

First things first... what is the problem you have?