Stretch Marks! Ugh...

Options
Hello All!

I need some advice, please...

I have HORRIBLE stretch marks all across my stomach (from having my first child). Does anyone know of something that can help these? I know it's probably a long shot, but I really want to wear a bikini again (after I lose my weight :wink: ) without all of the embarrassment associated with stretch marks!

Thanks you guys! I hope you're having a great day!

Replies

• ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    im curious to see these answers
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I hear that Bio Oil and/or Palmer's works well...
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Get bio oil its AMAZING! You have to use it night and day for three months, but after about a week i could see mine disappearing :) but if you stop using it then they begin to reappear which is why it says 3 months xxx
  • msino88
    msino88 Posts: 12
    Options
    I heard that the Maderma-for Stretch Marks works really well. I think its around 30 bucks
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I was told stretch marks are scars....you can lighten them and make them less noticable, but they will never go away =( Mine have lightened quite a bit just from losing weight, but they still bother me. Good luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately they are scars and like any scar don't go away. Sometimes tanning to a darker color helps.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    As time goes by they fade somewhat. Unfortunately, a lot more time than we all would like!
  • CristineD
    CristineD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I think they are there to stay. They will fade if you look after your skin and you may be able to pull off a bikini again but there will always be a subtle reminder of the pregnancy. I say this after two kids wrecked havoc on my belly and have left it looking awful. My eldest, 3 and youngest, 7 months, each left a whole load and now after applying Palmers skin tightening everyday they have faded but the skin is still stretched. I probably will never wear a bikini again in public but do in my own garden when tanning :) That said, my first pregnancy caused loads of stretch marks on my boobs and you'd never say now and they've seriously shrunk so maybe after sufficient weightloss they do almost "disappear".
  • elisa_2103
    Options
    The Mederma does work but it does cost a lot. I have heard great things about the Bio-Oil too.
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    Well I went to see a plastic surgeon about mine, my stretch marks were so bad they start at my knees and go right to my breasts! I had a tummy tuck, it sorted out my stomach for me. Please don't get me wrong, I still have some, but my stomach skin was pulled so tight they are practically invisible on a good day. I can wear a bikini....but my thighs are bad so I wear a short wetsuit! (No kidding)

I have them on my thighs and I want them gone. I will get a thigh lift to help with this, nothing has worked for me and I am yet to find a clinic who can offer the removal of stretch marks. I am wanting to get to my ideal weight before going for more surgery, but I sure as hell will be. My stretch marks REALLY knock my confidence.
  • squeezylemons
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my legs from a growth spurt and I use cocoa butter... if you skip a day of using it though you're back to square 1 haha, I might try Bio-Oil though :)
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    It's all genetics...there is nothing that you can truly do to make them go away (aside from plastic surgery or laser treatments). My stomach is like a road map of stretch marks. Tanning will help them not look so noticeable...but that is about all. :(
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Get pregnant again, it will stretch them back out.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Get pregnant again, it will stretch them back out.

+1
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately they are scars and like any scar don't go away. Sometimes tanning to a darker color helps.

Not true....they can go away or at least become way less visible.... why be so negative....you must not know how hurtful having stretch marks can be:noway:

Ive used bio oil...didnt see too much improvement but i wasnt faithful...ive been using the mederma for stretch marks...and they are DEF getting lighter:flowerforyou:
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Not true....they can go away or at least become way less visible.... why be so negative....you must not know how hurtful having stretch marks can be:noway:

Ive used bio oil...didnt see too much improvement but i wasnt faithful...ive been using the mederma for stretch marks...and they are DEF getting lighter:flowerforyou:
  • angelar1022
    Options

Thank you :)
  • angelar1022
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone :)

I think I'm going to try the Bio Oil... Has anyone had the laser removal?!? Does it work? Is it pricey?!