LOOK AT ME!!!

Options
Someone pleeeeeeaaassseee look at my diary ad give me some suggestions to my diet?

I have only logged this week, but I have been eating pretty much the same for the past 2 weeks and have seen NOOOO results!

BMR is 1, 586

height: 5'4
weight: 192.4

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Can't see diary.

How much are you exercising?
  • kmhamilton6
    kmhamilton6 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Diary is open....

EXPLORE AWAY!

I can not be ashamed!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I would suggest watching your sodium intake; it can make you retain water
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You're not eating back your exercise calories. Believe it or not, your body wants you to eat them back! (I only eat about half back, though.)
  • londanfudd4eva
    Options
    what type of exercise are u doin? Cardio helps u to lose weight while strength training builds muscle. muscle weighs more than fat. So u could be losing inches but the scale doesnt reflect that. Get out your tape measure instead. Stay Motivated!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Not much to see yet, but I see one day you go below 1200 calories for the day. Try not to make a habit of that, you don't want to under-eat.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    how much sodium are you consuming? Are you logging all your water? I went back a few days and there are only 2-4 glasses a day. You need to drink more water if that is all your are drinking.
  • hroush
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories and make sure you consume all you allotted calories.

This is greatly explained here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stroutman81/view/the-math-of-mfp-calorie-mathimatica-141021
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Well it only looks like you have a few days logged so far don't give up hope yet. I will say you look a little light on your protein, you need to up that another 20 grams or so at least. Also add in the tracking for sugar, your carbs are not high but it looks like most of them are fairly high sugar carbs/glycemic index, that can make a difference. Just keep on working at it and if you aren't working out you need to do some kind of exercise to facilitate weight loss.
  • sittoojo5
    sittoojo5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    add sodium intake to your diary counter! Seems to me your taking in too much. Drop the "packets" of oatmeall. (too much sugar etc.) Use the cook yourself oatmeal (so much better for you) Drink lots of water and make sure to try to stay as close to 1200 GOOD calories as possible. Good luck!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Try to eat at least your BMR when you exercise.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    increase water and decrease sodium (add it to your tracker), and exercise....pretty much what everyone has said already. And don't get discouraged! It can take a while to figure out the right balance for you.
  • sjw2604
    sjw2604 Posts: 8
    Options
    ok i am just NOT understanding this. I have been dieting and exercising for 6 months now and only lost 15lb, I am staying under 1200 calories, losing around 2-3000 calories in exersise a week. i am still 195lb!!!!!!! My exersise is boxing, circuits and running. Am i missing the point here. I keep reading that i am to eat my exersise calories??? I never have i still stay under 1200 even when i burn 6-800 or whatever in a day??!!
  • kmhamilton6
    kmhamilton6 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I workout for an hour everyday....usually cardio
  • atessieri
    atessieri Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    mfp has me at 1200 a day but my bmr is around 1500 i go by the 1200 and exersice (cardio + 200 crunches and arm strengthening exercises) i saw results immediately so maybe try checking what your goals are set to, and maybe try cereal with lowfat milk, its still filling and will cut your breakfast calories in half leaving more for healthy snacks to keep your metabolism up :) good luck
  • hroush
    Options
    ok i am just NOT understanding this. I have been dieting and exercising for 6 months now and only lost 15lb, I am staying under 1200 calories, losing around 2-3000 calories in exersise a week. i am still 195lb!!!!!!! My exersise is boxing, circuits and running. Am i missing the point here. I keep reading that i am to eat my exersise calories??? I never have i still stay under 1200 even when i burn 6-800 or whatever in a day??!!

When you eat a max of 1200 calories and burn 600 calories, that only leaves 600 calories for your the rest of your daily metabolism needs. Your body cannot survive on this and so is probably burning muscle and keeping fat. You need to eat a lot more as you are damaging your body with your current course.

Read this for another way to think about how much you need to eat a day:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stroutman81/view/the-math-of-mfp-calorie-mathimatica-141021
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I workout for an hour everyday....usually cardio

I would add some strength training to your workout. Your body gets used to your workout so you have to change it up every other workout. You will get better results.
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Not much to see yet, but I see one day you go below 1200 calories for the day. Try not to make a habit of that, you don't want to

agreed, I believe swings in calories above and below 1200 makes your body think that there is a food shortage and your metabolism tries to compensate. Generally, your food and sodium intake are good.

Drink at least 8 cups of water a day. That's probably the biggest change I would recommend to your diet.

I've found that the exercise calories estimated by MFP are too high. Can you get a heart rate monitor to get a more accurate reading? It shouldn't be a problem to eat back your actual exercise calories. See http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/