After not doing any exercise for 3 months - how to get back

Options
After not doing any exercise for 3 months, it is really hard to get into it again... Any suggestions please?

Replies

• Ifican
    Ifican Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    take it slow and stay positive, ever 5 or so years i end up taking 12-18 months off. Getting back to it quicker then i thought but surely not as fast as i would have liked. Keep at it and before long youll be great.
  • Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    I began after a long break with walking and light weights. Before I knew it wanted to do so much more!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I was off for surgery and wasn't supposed to do anything. So after 3 weeks - I started slowly with low impact aerobics, then at 5 weeks I ran again. I didn't time myself the first two weeks back and was careful not to over push too hard. Plyometrics dang near killed me the first time I did it and force myself to 3 rest days I hadn't planned. Slow and steady wins the race - lesson learned. You can get back - start 30 minutes then up to 40 then 50 - each week add 10 more minutes and intensity.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Start off with a nice 40 min walk.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Don't think about it...JUST DO IT!! You will feel great! :D
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    make up your mind that you are going to exercise X amount of times per week for four weeks. Then do it.... Then add to it or stay with it till you hit the 3 month mark. Then you'll be in again and you won't have to fight yourself to much to get it done.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    After not doing any exercise for 3 months, it is really hard to get into it again... Any suggestions please?
    Yes, just do it. Procrastinating about it will only make it harder to get back in.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    what do you enjoy? sports? dance? a gym? running? if you're not sure, sign up for something new!
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank u all for your comments! I love dancing and running. Maybe just a nice 40 min (like suggested) is a great way to start! :)
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, except I didn't exercise for 6 months.

I took a deep breath, and just did it. I had to stop thinking about it and DO IT!

YOu will not believe how much better I feel!