Fitbit health

Options
deeblues13
deeblues13 Posts: 84 Member
edited May 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I recently got my first fitbit i wonder how many of you fellow owners wear it 24/7 even while sleeping and do you not worry about any long term/ side effects from it i saw a article about the radiation recently i was just wondering as im started to get a bit paranoid but overall i like the product

Replies

• iJackieR
    iJackieR Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do. I get a full day of calorie burn and track my sleep
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I wear mine 24/7, even in the shower since my Ionic is waterproof (with the exception of charging of course). I’m a stats person, and like keeping track of everything. TMI but I like that I can track when I’m ovulating and when I’ll get my period based on my resting HR because being in peri menopause my cycles can be wonky.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    24/7 unless charging
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I can wear it one night, but after the second night it bothers the skin on my wrist. I don’t know how you 24/7’ers do it. My brother wore it 24/7 and months later still had marks from his skin reacting. I’m worried about that far more than radiation.
  • Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't wear it at night, whilst the stats are interesting, it bothers me in the night. I know I sleep well or not, depending!
    Otherwise I wear it all the time and love the info it gives me, in conjunction with mfp!
  • sharonlep
    sharonlep Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I put it on first thing in the morning and take it off after dinner when I'm relaxing for the night. Wore it on and off just to see what the sleep tracker was like when I first got it, but don't like sleeping with a watch on, and, wasn't that impressed with the results. (it said I was solid sleeping when I got up and went for a wee! 😂... Unless I dreamt it.. More than once 😜😅).
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I can wear it one night, but after the second night it bothers the skin on my wrist. I don’t know how you 24/7’ers do it. My brother wore it 24/7 and months later still had marks from his skin reacting. I’m worried about that far more than radiation.

I replaced the rubber strap with a metal one and solved that problem