Increase food or keep same

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
I am bulking at the moment and wanted to ask this.

Last week my weight was 88.1 kg. This week it was 88.3 kg.

My measurements have stayed the same roughly. My lifts have gone up as well.

Would it be wise to increase food. I am thinking of making small incremental changes in carb amounts.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell from one week weigh in to the next. Are you using a trend weight app or anything? If you feel like you aren't gaining as much as you would like over time, sure increase the cals a bit. Small and steady is probably the best way to go, nothing dramatic and sudden.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    It's hard to tell from one week weigh in to the next. Are you using a trend weight app or anything? If you feel like you aren't gaining as much as you would like over time, sure increase the cals a bit. Small and steady is probably the best way to go, nothing dramatic and sudden.

Yes, I track my weight on paper every week along with measurements. I take pictures every week as well
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    The bigger your calorie surplus, the more likely the weight you gain is to be fat rather than muscle (to be clear, I'm not saying all of the weight gain would be fat, just that the proportion of the gain likely to be fat increases).