Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Waterproof footwear recommendations

debgear1
debgear1 Posts: 12 Member
Need some lightweight comfortable boots for traipsing in wet grass and mud. Plan to walk for a few miles at a time in them, so comfort is key. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,329 Member
    They make light weight bog boots. Check out Amazon or any online stores.
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    any hiking boot with gortex are breathable but waterproof -- i like Merrill brand
  • marky1965
    marky1965 Posts: 220 Member
    Merrels MOAB are great 👍👍
  • IThinkICan_Dejay
    IThinkICan_Dejay Posts: 17 Member
    Fast drying is better than waterproof. Waterproof eventually gets wet and then can take days to dry.

If your set on waterproof look for gore tex and just like any shoes try on several before buying.
  • debgear1
    debgear1 Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks everyone! Good stuff to consider.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    I wore Oboz boots all over Patagonia. They are super comfortable. I bought them from REI.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Totally depends on the shape of your foot and a bit on the height of the grass. I would not try to walk a long distance in rubber boots (however well they work to keep your feet dry in very soggy conditions).

In the US, I would go to REI.com and search on waterproof women's hiking boots. Zero in on a couple of models, and go try them on (outside of the US, you'll have to go to your shop of choice). The great thing about REI is that they take returns even after you use them a bit! So, get some walking in before you leave on holiday.