Your #1 love/hate exercise

Options
Hi all,

as the title says; what is your #1 love/hate exercise (and why)?

Mine is.. the dreaded burpee...

I love it because it let's me activate my whole body, and because I can use it in both strength and cardio training routines.
I hate it because it is hard, and if I have to do them during a mud race, it is usually because I didn't manage something else... >:)

Let's create a list of fun'n'pain...

B

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the burpees.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Overhead chest press.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Burpees, without a doubt!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    If y'all are talking about burpees with the push up in the middle, that's where my vote goes. A whole body workout in one painful experience.
  • milaselene21
    milaselene21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Jump lunges :#
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    If y'all are talking about burpees with the push up in the middle, that's where my vote goes. A whole body workout in one painful experience.

There's only one kind of burpee for me.. this one >:)
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I Love/Hate interval on the assault. Its so hard its gotta be very good for you, but I do feel as if I about to pee myself sometimes on it
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Not sure the official name, but when you have dumbells down, then extend your arms up and out at your sides.

2nd place goes to any hand weight exercise where you have to extend your arms behind you with weights.

Love it because clearly I need to work those muscles.
    Hate it because I can never move as far as the instructor and don't understand why this particular motion is taking me so much longer to master than all other arm weight motions I've done.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Lunges and squats. I have weak legs, so I need to build up strength, but those exercises are the worst.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Has to be longer intervals or sustained timed tests on the rower or the assault bike. Love what it does to my fitness but that feeling of drowning in lactic acid isn't appealing at all.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Running.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Running! I love it when I get back to a good place with it, 10 minute miles and up to 5-6 mile runs. I hate it because anytime I need to take a break, it is absolute horror and hell getting back to my desired feel good pace.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Single leg goblet box squats. I don't do them that often but when I see them in my program I cringe.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    Not sure the official name, but when you have dumbells down, then extend your arms up and out at your sides.

2nd place goes to any hand weight exercise where you have to extend your arms behind you with weights.

Love it because clearly I need to work those muscles.
    Hate it because I can never move as far as the instructor and don't understand why this particular motion is taking me so much longer to master than all other arm weight motions I've done.

It feels very hard because you’re using small muscles and a long lever. Try lightening up the weight.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    They're basically lunges. Except I'm moving forward instead of standing in one place, have to keep my knee an actual hair width off the ground no more or less, and I am holding a weapon so I have to keep track of my arms, balance and center.

It hurts and is hard but feels so good and powerful when I can do it properly.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I don't enjoy heavy squats, but I do them 2x per week because they help with everything.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    BFR walking lunges
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I don't do things I hate. I rather program my activities in my life around things I enjoy. There are simply too many options.