Finally Hit the 5 Pound Mark

Options
NKF92879
NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
I've been at this since the beginning of June. Yesterday, I finally hit the 5 (well, 4.9 actually :blushing: ) pounds lost mark. Yes, this is slow-going, but I'm OK with that. I'm one of those people with less than 20 pounds to lose so I know it'll be slow. I honestly don't know what's different this time, and why I haven't given up like I have in the past. I would love to share my secret to staying motivated with others, but there isn't one. Something just clicked, and I realized (and, more importantly, BELIEVED) that I didn't gain this weight in 3 months. Why, then, should I lose it in 3 months? Yes, it can be frustrating, but I just keep on truckin' and don't give up. I don't care if I lose 1 pound a week, or 1 pound a month. As long as I'm going in the right direction (particularly with my BF%), I'm satisfied.

Replies

• JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Yay! That's great! :happy: It will be worth the wait! Keep up the good work!
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great attitude, 25% of your goal is huge!
  • NKF92879
    Options
    Great attitude, 25% of your goal is huge!

OMG!!! I never even thought of that!! YAY ME!!! :happy:
  • NKF92879
    Options
    Oops... :blushing: double post, must be all the excitement.
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    You are doing great! Getting healthier and stronger every day!:drinker:
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!!! Having the will and desire is half the battle the other half....Just doing it!

Congrats on the almost 5lbs!!!!

Keep up the great job!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've heard.. the longer it takes to lose weight the greater than odds are to keeping it off! Stay motivated!!!

I've tried losing this baby weight multiple times in the last year (my daughter will be one tomorrow *tears*) but I've never stuck with it as long as I have this time. It's only been 13 days and I've lost 3 lbs already. MFP is keeping me motivated. I love seeing the progress people have made.. and seeing my calories in my face also helps lol

Best of luck to you.. :flowerforyou:
  • hosment
    hosment Posts: 12
    Options
    Congratulations! I have lost 5 lb since May (although I did have some time off MFP when on holiday and then fell off the wagon for a few weeks..). It's been very slow going for me too so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. Like you, I have less than 20lb to lose so it was good to find out that it comes off slower when there's less to shed. It's really motivating to see others in the same boat and who agree that it's fine to lose weight slowly. It seems to be staying off this time, on other more strict diets I have lost half a stone in a week before but it just goes back on again- and some! Slow and steady is the way to go! :) As long as I lose it and it keeps coming off albeit slowly and STAYS OFF I'll be happy. Well done!
  • wf0439
    wf0439 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am at the 5 lb mark as well. Only it has taken me longer than you. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts, because I have been feeling a little discouraged lately. It seems to take me so long to lose 1 lb...thanks for reminding me that as long as I am losing instead of gaining it is all good!
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Congratulations!

I felt like the first five were the hardest because that's when I was changing my worst habits, and any slip up felt like I'd just erased all of my progress. Now, even when I have bad days (or weeks), I know that I've had success and know that my new habits will help me continue to be successful. :)
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    It's really motivating to see others in the same boat and who agree that it's fine to lose weight slowly.

I completely agree! :)
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the good work. You know what they say the slow & steady win the race. Losing weight at your own pace will result in keeping the weight off :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Your loss is snail slow....just like mine. :happy: I too have about 20 to lose and it's taken me since the beginning of May to get where I am now...13 gone. You're doing great - just keep on keepin' on!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Your loss is snail slow....just like mine. :happy: I too have about 20 to lose and it's taken me since the beginning of May to get where I am now...13 gone. You're doing great - just keep on keepin' on!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Congrats on the 5 lbs (I believe in rounding up!) You are not alone....a few of us have formed a "turbo ninja turtles group for slow winners"! :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/303631-turbo-ninja-turtles-group-for-slow-winners
  • shockrina
    Options
    that's awesome! :)
  • BBBgettingfit
    BBBgettingfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Turbo ninja turtles - I like it. I, too, am in in the "slow loser" camp - but as long as I'm losing, I'm happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!