Loose skin with weight loss

Options
Seeker2203
Seeker2203 Posts: 12 Member
edited May 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I am 28 yrs now and I was 203 pounds since 10yrs . Recently I decided to loose fat and in last 7 months I lost 48 pounds only by eating healthy and calorie deficit. I ddnt do any cardio or weight exercises .
Everything is going fine just that I face few issues
1. My weight loss has slowed down , I only lost 6 pounds in last 2 months
2. I can see loose skin on my face and I fear with further weight loss I might have more loose skin
3. My face looks little pale and not as shiny as it use to look
4. I am confused whether I should start weights but my dietician warn me that I may look pumped with weights

Replies

• wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Unless you train constantly with high weights for YEARS you will not get "Pumped", women just aren't built like that. You will get toned and fill in some of the areas that loose skin left.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello OP - and firstly, well done on the awesome weight loss to date !!

1. You are still losing weight - do you think your diet is more sustainable now or might it be because you have lost so much weight to date, your calorie deficit is naturally smaller ? Are you weighing and logging all your food and drinks?
    2. I am starting to see some loose skin too - I have started moisturising like a fiend (in a very firm massage kind of way) and it is looking a little better. I think I've got more fat to lose in these places and muscle to build to get it looking better though.
    3. Did your dietician have any advice on the pale skin ? This really could be anything - are you on a low fat diet ? Personally, my skin has gone like this if my fat consumption was too low and/or my carb consumption was too high (for me). Are you sleeping properly ?
    4. I'm female and build muscle very easily - I have never ever been pumped ! Weight training is a great way to change the composition of your body and bring lots of benefits when done properly. As you have never lifted weights before and if you want to start, I would encourage you to get some time with someone who knows what they are doing to help you with your form, understand your goals and build you a plan.

Good luck OP - you've done so much already, I am sure you can ace this !
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The pale skin can be an iron deficiency, anemia. Talk to your doctor and eat your spinach