NSV "You Look Great!"

Options
Tonight I was heading out to dinner and I ran into a coworker of mine and his family. As I was getting ready to be on my way he said, "Have you lost weight?"
Me: (big smile) YES! And you're the first one to notice!
**high five**
Coworker: Yeah, I've only caught glimpses of you here and there, so we haven't talked, but it's noticeable.
Me: Thanks. I’m down 15 pounds, but I’ve got a long way to go. I want to lose 100 pounds.
Coworker: Well, you’re off to a good start. You look great!
I couldn’t believe it! I’ve been at this for just about 2 months now and haven’t told many people. I’ve lost some, gained some, lost it again. I’ve seen good numbers as far as measuring (was really pumped when I saw I had lost one inch off of my biceps). But I still feel I look the same.
I was really excited about this because I don’t talk about this kind of stuff with people at work. So I was definitely not fishing for a compliment. And also, this guy does not idly flatter people. If it weren’t true, he wouldn’t say it.
As I said to my coworker, I’m trying for 100 pounds (I CAN’T BELIEVE I TOLD HIM THAT. I never talk about this kind of personal stuff!!) 15 pounds kind of seems like a drop in the bucket. Although, I am not doing this for anyone’s approval or to impress others, it was nice to know that my results are visible.
This NSV was such a boost, that I walked home from dinner: an extra 1.92 miles for me!
~The GlitterMouse

Replies

• LaurieEReid
    Options
    Good job! You've got to love those little moments that give you added motivation. Good luck on the next 15!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Aw, this made me smile. Well done!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well done! Those are n ice moments! :-)
  • michz
    michz Posts: 102
    Options
    We all do this for ourselves - but it is GREAT when people notice and can continue to inspire us! Remember this day on one of the tough days ahead and keep your eyes on the goal! Keep up the great work! So proud of you!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!