Fitbit Versa or Apple Watch

Options
MissGA32
MissGA32 Posts: 17 Member
I currently have the Fitbit HR2 and I am looking at upgrading to either the Fitbit Versa or the Apple Watch series 4.
I workout 4-5 times a week @ Orange Theory and have a desk job during the day.

Interested to see others opinions on the two and which one you prefer/ why?

Thanks!

Replies

• Hydr8Cafn8Medic8
    Hydr8Cafn8Medic8 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I don't use either (yet), I'm in for the responses....
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about the Versa, but my Ionic gave me a lot of trouble. I would have to reset it every couple weeks for the smart watch features to work and I had some issues with its basic tracking. It’s the first Fitbit that has given me so much trouble and I ended up switching to Apple Watch. I do miss the social features of Fitbit and how it worked with MFP (Apple and MFP don’t play nice together), but overall I am happy with the switch.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivoactive 3.
  • Idratherberunning2017
    Idratherberunning2017 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have Apple series 3. I used to use a Garmin Forerunner 405 to track my mileage when I ran a LOT.

My .02 for those who are curious about the Apple Watch. It is great at connecting with my iPhone and pushing messages. I use it to find my phone when I misplace it. I use it as my alarm for waking up in the am. It buzzes and doesn’t wake anyone else. The display on 3 and 4 are brilliant and vibrant.

For tracking workouts, it is getting smarter At detecting activity when I forget to turn it on. My understanding is the Fitbit does this automatically. It does a great job locating me in the GPS mode and tracking my activity levels.

So for a mild active user (not an ultra marathoner) they would love it. There are not many games or apps that are all that exciting. But enough to be entertaining.

The thing I don’t care for is battery life. It still will not last entire day. For example, yesterday I wore it all day and worked out with GPS tracking. The run was 50 minutes.
    After that the watch battery hit 10% warning. My Garmin would charge and and use GPS without apps and phone connectivity (basic GPS black and white display watch for running) and would hold a charge for days.

That being said, I love both watches in their own merit. Once this watch dies, I plan to buy another one. I do recommend buying the protection plan. The glass scratches much easier than advertised. Like a LOT easier.

Hope this helps.
  • missminnick
    missminnick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There is a new one that I have stumbled across specifically meant for woman. Bellabeat... I just ordered mine as my graduation present. I’ll re-comment as to my opinion once I receive.
  • drebmc
    drebmc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Garmin Fenix 5. Buying it was the best decision ever.