Gained about 10 lbs since I started bulking

Options
I’m not sure if my scales are broken or if I have just gained fat although I seem to be staying pretty lean
I’m now 151 lbs I’ve just been eating a bit more and lifting pretty heavy at the gym with compound movements
Is this a successful bulk
Going from 141lbs to 151lbs ?

Replies

• patrickrea2002
    patrickrea2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The question is now I’m done bulking shall I cut or continue the bulk
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to gain that weight? If it was quickly it could either be water weight or fat (depending on what kind of surplus we are talking about). Muscle building takes a lot of time, usually people run bulks for at least 5 months to a year to see best progress. If it came on quick then I would be hesitant that any significant muscle was gained.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Also how do you feel about your progress is also an important question. Do you feel like you have gained enough size, muscle, and fat to warrant a cut?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Very light on detail Patrick.
    I think I remember you but age and timescales give perspective....

Before and after pictures should show you the difference and give you an idea of the ratio of muscle and fat gained.

Do you have a goal weight or goal physique?
    Do you have short term goal to be leaner for summer? (Guessing....)
  • patrickrea2002
    patrickrea2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply my goal physique is to be pretty big in terms of my size I want bigger arms and a bigger chest but also
    I want to be able to see my abs clearly and to have a six pack, my arms are feeling bigger since I started the bulk but now I don’t know if I should keep the bulk going while I’m young and putting on muscle is easier than when I’m older or should I cut now
    I’m about 18% body fat according to the gym my goal body fat is about 10 depending on how that looks on me

Should I keep the bulk or cut now for summer?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You could always cut for the summer, bulk again in the fall...