Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

Options
Has anybody watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"? It is a documentary and it is streaming for free on Netflix. What an inspiration on becoming healthy AND losing weight which many people have a hard time accomplishing together. It is worth watching. Plus they have a website that is inspirational.

Replies

• jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Has anybody watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"? It is a documentary and it is streaming for free on Netflix. What an inspiration on becoming healthy AND losing weight which many people have a hard time accomplishing together. It is worth watching. Plus they have a website that is inspirational.

Thanks I will have to check that out!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Yes, saw it and for a second I had this desire to eat nothing but instead spend the rest of my life drinking nothing but juice. But then I remembered how delicious Mexican food is and I opted for the food over juice. =P

Anyways, I found it to be VERY inspirational! Who knows, maybe I will juice fast on the weekends!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I loved this document, and I am thinking of juicing for breakfast every morning!
  • lrodriguez83
    Options
    Yep, loved it! I bought a juicer and LOVE homemade juice now!!!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    It was incredibly awesome. The story of the truck driver (I'm sorry, I'm blanking on his name) made me tear up when I saw all of his progress. It was such a good documentary, and it was very inspirational. I've been in a food documentary kick lately, so I watched Food, Inc., Food Matters, and another documenary about a man who decided to eat fast food for a whole month and still lose weight (again, blanking on the title). Watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead made me more conscious about my decisions with food. I purchased my own juicer and make juice in the morning for breakfast. It's going great so far, and I'm continuing to lose weight, probably quicker than I originally intended. At least I absolutely know I'm getting all of my fruits and vegetables for the day!
  • shele75
    shele75 Posts: 29
    Options
    Cannot wait to check this show out!
  • XiaoRuRu
    XiaoRuRu Posts: 83
    Options
    Makes me want to go get a juicer!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I think its sad.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I haven't but that is now on my list of things to do this weekend. I've watched "Heavy" on netflix and that gets my butt off the couch like nobody's business!
  • h0taru
    h0taru Posts: 43
    Options
    I haven't but that is now on my list of things to do this weekend. I've watched "Heavy" on netflix and that gets my butt off the couch like nobody's business!

So it's good?

I was planning to watch it :)
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    We watched this documentary a few weeks ago. It was pretty good. In fact, my husband went out and bought that real expensive juicer from the movie. We had already change our diet to mostly whole food, plant-based items, so this was just another way to fit in more nutrients.

By far, the best documentary out there is "Forks Over Knives". This one is a life-changer. It is still playing in some theaters, but it is now available on DVD at Amazon and on the ForksOverKnives website. I don't know when it will be available on Netflix. Everyone that I have shown the film to has asked for extra copies for all their family members. My sister saw it and she and her daughter changed their diet as well. It is so motivational that I no longer feel tempted to overeat and I am in total control. I feel so much better now and I enjoy my food so much more than I did when I was eating cheesy fatty stuff. I cannot imagine wanting to give up all the positive changes in my life since we changed our diet on June 12, 2011.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen it on Netflix...will look for it again! Maybe it just my location,
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I found the lady that said it gave her the poos to be the most inspiring.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    By far, the best documentary out there is "Forks Over Knives".
    I received a free copfyof Forks Over Knives 3 weeks ago from Vegan Body Builder, Robert Cheeke was mentioned in the film so I guess he must have received a bunch of them. It is a very good documentary and I am so glad my Dad was over when I watched it because it inspired him a lot.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Options
    Yes, saw it and for a second I had this desire to eat nothing but instead spend the rest of my life drinking nothing but juice. But then I remembered how delicious Mexican food is and I opted for the food over juice. =P
    Yes that is what happened to me too! But I do make a green smoothie with my Blendtec every single morning and it gives me a crazy energy boost for the day!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Options
    I think its sad.
    What is sad about people getting healthy and becoming great inspirations to millions of people around the world?
  • veganette
    Options
    Yes that is what happened to me too! But I do make a green smoothie with my Blendtec every single morning and it gives me a crazy energy boost for the day!

I make green smoothies with my Vitamix to last me through the day at work. So yummy!
  • cmsiemsen
    cmsiemsen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Loved it! And l love Netflix for all the inspirational shows/ documentaries streaming free :o). I usually work out to them!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Options

I make green smoothies with my Vitamix to last me through the day at work. So yummy!
    What do you put in yours? I usually do spinach or kale, blueberries, mango, banana, and raw hemp protein powder.
  • wellnesscoachmegg
    wellnesscoachmegg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think juicing can be absolutely part of a healthy diet. He fasted and juiced for 60 days essentially to kick start his weight loss/health journey. Of course it had to be extreme to be filmed and to get reactions...but in reality, juicing a couple times a week is a great way to give your body a straight shot of vitamins and minerals. I make green juice a few times a week and I think it has drastically improved my energy levels, and I just feel dang good after drinking it!