I Look Awful

Options
Terytha
Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
I've dropped almost 20 pounds and I look twice as pregnant as before.

I blame this medication. I started it basically two days before I started MFP, and I've been suffering along with both and getting by but the bloat and water retention are really really bad.

I can quit in two more weeks but that feels more or less like eternity right now.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Bloat sucks! I get really bloated during my period and it feels like I've undone all my work even though I know I haven't gained anything but a little water weight.
  • CorkyLaRue
    CorkyLaRue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've had some luck reducing water retention drinking dandelion tea, and reducing overall puffy tummy with regular use of probiotics.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    When you lose fat, depending on where you lose it, it will make other parts more pronounced. I went through that as I have been dropping. Stay on plan, work hard, be consistent, eat well, and you will get to where you want to go. Friend me if anyone wants.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    CorkyLaRue wrote: »
    I've had some luck reducing water retention drinking dandelion tea, and reducing overall puffy tummy with regular use of probiotics.

I've started eating yogurt for breakfast, and I brought stuff so I can drink green tea at work. I prefer to avoid pills as much as I can, but if this doesn't work I'll give the probiotics a try.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    ^^ the best probiotics are in kimchi and a good raw yoghurt.

You can eschew the pills if you are eating plenty of raw live foods.

But prebiotics matter too . Resistant starches and fibers.
  • mstarks01
    mstarks01 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    We are are own worst critics. Hang in there. This too shall pass.