Chub rub

Options
Any advice on how to stop the painful sores is big people get as soon as we start picking up our activity.

Replies

• alliemaeg89
    alliemaeg89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There are products out there specifically for that, but I have always used whatever deodorant stick I had on my inner thighs to prevent the friction rash from chub rub.
  • deetails26
    deetails26 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    monistat chafing relief powder gel- works well as long as you use it before you get irritation. I live on this in the summer
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Gold Bond (medicated is a plus)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Body glide is great! I used it for a bit under my arms too. I also would wear form-fitting shorts that went down to my knees, like bike shorts, to help. On the day-to-day, I wear tights because they're slippery enough to prevent chafing. I have larger thighs so I pretty much always chafe even at a lower weight.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    669idpzhqhzf.png
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Butt Butter! It's for bikers, but it reduces friction and would likely help prevent chub rub.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Good ol' baby powder worked for me.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    That is one problem that I have never had. I am not sure why, but I guess I am glad.
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I’ve been a big fan of knee length shorts under my skirts for years.

Except now I run, and it’s getting too hot outside for my capri/long short workout gear. time to look at these other options!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    "Skins" under your workout clothes.

Doesn't need to be the crazy expensive compression wear, doesn't have to be flattering, doesn't need to be fancy. Just something that you can wear under your clothes to prevent skin-to-skin contact in problem areas where rubbing and chaffing occurs.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Spandex shorts under your workout clothes.