38 with ALOT to lose.

Options
So here it is ... I'm fat. None of that cutesy big boned, a little thick or just more of me to love crap. I'm fat. I'm 38 and weigh 476! How did I get this big, well until recently I didn't FEEL fat. One day I was getting ready for work, looked in the mirror and really realized what I've done to myself. I started thinking about how I've worked around being fat, I can still climb stairs... but only one at a time. I check the mail... but am breathing hard when I finish. I realized I really have no social life because I dont like to be seen. It's just sad, and I can't do it anymore. I feel like I'm waiting for my life to begin but in truth I'm in the middle of it and I have to change. So, here I am. I need YOU to help, I need people who know the struggle, who know how hard it really is to take back your life.
I'm DOING this, I'm not waiting anymore. I know if we are encouraging and accountable to each other we can do it.

Replies

• AwesomeOpossum74
    AwesomeOpossum74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I like your enthusiasm! Good luck on your journey!
  • BecksMSW
    BecksMSW Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m 37 also a fat fighter! Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    you got this! I am 33 with 100+ lbs to lose! Just start small. If you need an accountability buddy please feel free to add me!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I started out in a similar situation 4 years ago. I was 45 and 500+ lbs. I knew I was morbidly obese, but in reality I really did not care. I would dress myself up, do my hair and put on make up and act like I was normal. On my 45th birthday I just woke up and realized I was miserable in every aspect.
    I decided to take control of my own life and change from existing to living. I was severely depressed and my weight was a symptom of that.
    Today I am still technically overweight, but i am down 150+ lbs. I have gained about 20 lbs back in the past few months, but I am very cognizant of my weight and my lifestyle. I exercise 5 days a week and I definitely am more happy. If you are determined and find a lifestyle change that you can live with then you can do it.