Whole 30

Options
Hi all! Starting my second Whole 30 journey. I only made it through day 14 last time. What tips do you have to stay motivated? Any good recipes I should try?

Replies

• JenniesPennies879
    JenniesPennies879 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Several reasons, I do get break outs occasionally which I think is from dairy, and as I'm older I think I have developed some food sensitivity. I'm also finding that my fiancé and I are reaching for sweets and snacks a lot more regularly than we were. I'm hoping to break some of those snacking habits and be cleaner about how we eat. Mindfulness about how and what we're eating is something we'd like to learn. Weight loss would be an added benefit.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    My sister did it earlier this year. She learned which foods were causing acid reflux, and her husband learned which foods were causing him indigestion and belly bloat when they started reintroducing foods. Aside from a couple lbs, they didn't lose weight. They found all their recipes on pinterest.

It is really something you have to commit to, and literally set aside 30 days of your social life in order to adhere. I know several people who have done it and really loved it not only for the elimination learnings, but because it takes will power and mental strength to get through it. They've said it helps them feel committed and they are really proud when they finish it and overall usually feel a lot better. My sister said remembering how she had been feeling for so long was her main motivation (tired, unfocused, etc), and she just kept her end goal in sight and kept her social calendar free and she made it. I also know people who did it and hated it and either cheated the whole time or just stopped after a week or two.

I've read the book and decided it wasn't for me. Anytime someone tells me they are going to do it for weight loss, I do not encourage it but it looks like you would be doing it for reasons that line up with the plan's mission. Good luck on round 2!
  • JenniesPennies879
    Options
    The last time I participated, I lost my 'accountability' partner and became unmotivated to continue. My fiance, thankfully, is fully on board. Both of us work long hours and have found we're using short cuts at dinner and relying on sugar and 'quick' snacks to boost energy. And, like your sister, I'm hoping to determine food sensitivities we may have and get back to feeling 'better' (less fatigue, brain fog, and sluggishness) by not relying on the quick fixes.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it now, just finished day 16. It's hard on the social life and the first week I had terrible headaches every single day, but now starting to feel better.

It's definitely helped me forget about snacking and, like you, I'm experimenting to see if I have a dairy or gluten sensitivity. I look forward to the reintroduction to see.

What has helped me is keeping it simple, not trying too many new recipes and once and definitely cooking enough to always have leftovers. Good luck!
  • JenniesPennies879
    Options
    I'm doing it now, just finished day 16. It's hard on the social life and the first week I had terrible headaches every single day, but now starting to feel better.

It's definitely helped me forget about snacking and, like you, I'm experimenting to see if I have a dairy or gluten sensitivity. I look forward to the reintroduction to see.

What has helped me is keeping it simple, not trying too many new recipes and once and definitely cooking enough to always have leftovers. Good luck!

Thanks so much and good luck with the last half.