CLIMBERS CALL! Getting in shape for climbing season.

Options
I started to sport climb with my husband and I would like to get in shape to go climbing with him and friends during the Summer.
Who is with me on this challenge?
Getting in shape by the end of May (first goal) and then being the perfect shape for climbing by the end of June (final goal).
I would like to loose weight and improve my performance.
Loosing 4 kg by the end of May.
Loose another 1 kg by the end of June and build strength.

Who's up for the challenge??

(I'm from Italy btw, so sorry for my English!)

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello- let me know if you wish to include people training for difficult/challenging hiking in mountains & not only rock scaling. If yes, do you have any requirements or expectations on what we post? I am in the US preparing for some hikes considered difficult (10-12 hours, some snow, altitude change, some technical areas that have metal ropes/via ferrata or boulders that also require very strong upper body).
    Ciao e Grazie-
  • audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker I have the same questions. I want to hike a 14er this summer! I don’t plan on anything too technical though.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    OK, will wait to hear back. I could use a "guide" as I am going to British Columbia late June and would welcome advice on how to prepare the best way for "all day" hikes (no overnights). Doing 8 hikes in 10 days, with 6 of them being on the half-day easier side. I've hiked and partially trail ran 18 mi before in one day - but that was 8 years ago and I am aging! Been prepping with general daily hill running, powerwalking hills, weekend hikes, but not following any defined plan.