The Diamond Challenge (DITR) Round 5 Week 1

Options

Replies

• IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Q: Losing weight is a huge accomplishment! What other accomplishments are you proud of?

A: Having my children!! To see them happy and healthy makes me feel very accomplished :)
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I am really not sure what days I should be posting a question? Anyway, I have one :embarassed:

I started using an HRM today; it registered a total of 1 hour 6 minutes and a calorie burn of 432. This is how I logged it for today:

treadmill: 41 mins 323 calories (reading from treadmill) then put the remaining under 10 minutes of circuit training to log the remaining 109 calories so my total would be right .... WWYD?
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    For those who sometimes have a craving for salty/sweet ... (I love this)

Fresh green beans
    wash and trim ends, blanche for 3 minutes, put in ice water to cool.
    Pat dry with paper towel and sprinkle with sugar (I use Truvia) and salt to liking!

Simple, healthy and YUMMY!!
  • kris24824
    kris24824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    QOTD (8/24): I'm from Sacramento, CA but have lived in Washington, DC for the last year.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    QOTD (8/24)

I am from Kenosha, WI. but moved to West Allis, WI 3 years ago to be with my boyfriend.
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm grew up in Lancaster, PA and currently live in Syracuse, NY. aka- Snow country.
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone from?

I'm from Bonnie Scotland, lived in the same wee town all my life, and don't plan on leaving!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I live in Groton CT
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I currently live in Altoona, IA. I was born in San Antonio & raised there & in Colorado Springs, CO. I lived in Charlotte, NC for a year. If I could I would move back there in a heartbeat. Loved it.
  • britneeb23
    Options
    QOTD 8-24

I was born, raised, and currently live in Austin, Tx.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    QOTD 24/08

I am from Hull in the North of England, I left at 19 went and studied in London for 3 1/2 years then on to Norwich where I lived until 2002, since this time I have lived in the *kitten* end of Nowhere in France lol!!! and love it!
  • inad13
    inad13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm new to MFP is it possible for me to still join this group?? Love the idea of support and good health competition:)
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm orginally from New York, born and raised. But I currently live in Texas. The high panhandle of Texas no less, where it's brown, dry, hot and flat!!!
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    QODT 8/24 Im from upstate New York born and raised.. I think "snow country" sums us up perfectly
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Did you enjoy our little earthquake on Tuesday???
    QOTD (8/24): I'm from Sacramento, CA but have lived in Washington, DC for the last year.

QOTD (8/24): I am originally from Annapolis, MD, but I currently reside in Northern Virginia, about 20 minutes from Washington DC :)
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    Did you enjoy our little earthquake on Tuesday???

QOTD (8/24): I am originally from Annapolis, MD, but I currently reside in Northern Virginia, about 20 minutes from Washington DC :)

I didnt feel it, but apparently everyone and their mom did..Im really glad i didnt because i would have been one freaked out birthday girl
  • CalamityCat
    Options
    Ha, I appear to have lost a day (I can't work out time gaps)

So, my biggest achievement - getting in to med school at 25. And I am from a town called Bedford in England, but now livenin Southampton, England, by the sea (but not pretty sea)!
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    QOTD for Wednesday August 24th...a bit of fluff.

Where is everyone from?

I was born in Panama and then moved to the US. I live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Bourne and grew up in Poland, live in the UK for 4 years, married to english guy who was born in Kenya :)
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey I just thought I'd take a moment and share a website with everyone just in case someone doesn't know about it. It's called hungry-girl.com . It's the most awesome site because you can find tons of recipes that have been worked with and worked into low-calorie dishes!!! Yum!!! With the holidays right around the corner I thought this was a great thing to share!!