IF ONLY I COULD SOW MY MOUTH SHUT!!!!

Options
I just always seem to Mess everything up.. I will be tempted to eat something and i give in.. The working out isnt the issue its the EATING!!! If i could just sew my mouth closed i would be so much better off then i am now.. I cant seem to get over the temptations.. And its only when i am at work and go out with my co workers to lunch!! I cant Deal with it anymore its like im stopping my own sucess!! how dumb is that of me?? I know while eating it that i shouldnt and i still do.. then when im done i feel 1000000 times bad about it and harp on myself.. I just need some advice and motivation from my fellow MFP's!! because if i dont get outta this rutt i wont get to my goals :(

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    buy yourself a planetbox and bring your lunch. Just tell people you can't afford to go out as much, but pick a day or two a week to go instead. :)
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    *sew

And it is not your mouth, it is your willpower.
    When you want to eat something that you know is bad for you, go brush your teeth, chew some gum, walk away, change the subject, do jumping jacks, or something. Eventually the temptation goes away. And when you start seeing all the great progress you make you won't even look twice at the "bad" stuff.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. How can people love unhealthy food SO much??? :huh:

*waiting for others to respond with positive advice!*
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    chewing gum works soo much...i eat like 500 calories less on a day when i am chewing on a stick of gum :)
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    *sew

And it is not your mouth, it is your willpower.
    When you want to eat something that you know is bad for you, go brush your teeth, chew some gum, walk away, change the subject, do jumping jacks, or something. Eventually the temptation goes away. And when you start seeing all the great progress you make you won't even look twice at the "bad" stuff.

Outstanding advice, and the only advice that really works. Willpower. :)
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    Babe, I hear you. It's so hard not to stuff your face full of terrible-for-you foods when others are enjoying them all around you. I try to keep healthy snacks with me AT ALL TIMES. That way I never really get "starving" and thus, don't over-eat. Also, in those instances (for example at a BBQ last night) I just eat small amounts of everything. I got a bratwurst (left out the bun), filled up on the healthiest things there (grilled veggies, fruit) and by the time i got to the potato salad and pasta salad and cookies and brownies...I was full, so I didn't eat any of those things. So maybe just try to keep a bag of edimame or baby carrots or something like that with you and snack on them all day.

Give that a try. I know it's hard. I feel like I'm ALWAYS eating....I love food! Just be strategic about it. You'll do great!!
  • DCBourgeois
    Options
    Every day is its own challenge. You cant fix yesterday sooooooo don't harp on it, you do not know what tomorrow has in store so don't waste your time with worry. Today IS the day that you control, take each meal one at a time and give yourself a little wiggle room in your meals. You have made outstanding progress and are only a few short weeks away from your next major goal. Keep working hard, the results are there. .
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    buy yourself a planetbox and bring your lunch. Just tell people you can't afford to go out as much, but pick a day or two a week to go instead. :)

I have to agree. And if money isn't a problem, put the lunch money in a separate place and reward yourself for sticking to your new lunch plan with a new shirt or something.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry.. I can't take this seriously now. All I see is a sow (female adult pig) sticking out of your mouth.
  • AmandaLenn86
    AmandaLenn86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry.. I can't take this seriously now. All I see is a sow (female adult pig) sticking out of your mouth.

Thanks for being mature about this.. Get a life!!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

Thanks for being mature about this.. Get a life!!

That's not nice! Get a dictionary!