My BEFORE pics:)

I think I've got it, we'll see if this works.

stuff011.jpg gut sucked in.

letting it all hang out.
stuff012.jpg

Replies

• how do you post pictures up here?
  • chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Thanks for posting before pics! Someday I'll be brave enough to post mine! Good luck!
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    and this is why A: I don't allow myself to be photographed if I can help it, and B: why i've not known before now how my extra pounds actually made me look...... time to buckle down.
  • had3nuf
    had3nuf Posts: 59
    What is this? Are you sucking your gut in or something? I mean, it's apparent they were taken on the same day.........right? I'm not being mean..just asking.
  • me525
    Thanks for posting before pics! Someday I'll be brave enough to post mine! Good luck!

I can't believe I was brave enough to do it.... people who see you everyday say, oh you look fine, but then you tell them that 170lbs on 5'1.25" is obese...... the main thing is if you aren't compfortable in your body then nothing anyone else thinks will really matter. So put your pictures up, and add one every time you lose x amount of pounds (i'm going to do 10)

GOOD LUCK!
  • had3nuf
    had3nuf Posts: 59
    Oh.ok...before pics..I got it....sorry.
  • OK maybe I am missing it how do all you guys set those mini goals on here?
  • me525
    What is this? Are you sucking your gut in or something? I mean, it's apparent they were taken on the same day.........right? I'm not being mean..just asking.

yes, sucking in and then letting it out....... I walk around with it sucked in, you would think i had a six pack under all that, guess we'll see as the pounds come off:)
  • me525
    go to your signature and you can type it all in and it shows up with every post.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    great job posting it can be so helpful just having that out there to motivate yourself :)

to post mini goals and tickers go to the top area of your screan and click where its says signature

to post pics change the IMG on both sides of the pic code to lower case img and the image will show up
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    WAY to go for uploading these -- you're brave, and savvy. I joined MFP to lose those nasty pregnancy pounds too (after 2 9-lb boys), but didn't think to take ANY "before" photos (I know, what was I THINKING??).

So now, when I'm discouraged, I don't have anything to compare (except some not-useful photos from Christmas and birthdays and other stuff where I'm holding my sons, sitting behind a table, or hiding in a big group)!!! UGH.

You'll be so thankful for these photos in a few months when you've made progress and you can SEE it. Go for it.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Good luck with your journey! You are actually a very good stomach sucker inner. LOL. I can't wait to see your after pics. I have the same sink as you. :)
  • me525
    WAY to go for uploading these -- you're brave, and savvy. I joined MFP to lose those nasty pregnancy pounds too (after 2 9-lb boys), but didn't think to take ANY "before" photos (I know, what was I THINKING??).

So now, when I'm discouraged, I don't have anything to compare (except some not-useful photos from Christmas and birthdays and other stuff where I'm holding my sons, sitting behind a table, or hiding in a big group)!!! UGH.

You'll be so thankful for these photos in a few months when you've made progress and you can SEE it. Go for it.

my boys were both 9lbs also, and my "baby" is 4 and 1/2 so there's no longer an excuse. I had to take these today, because like you, I've always hidden behind something. After seeing everyone post their before picks I knew I had to take some and put them up so that in a few months, when i'm discouraged and want to eat my way across the Thanksgiving buffet, I'll know why I have to be good:)
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    my boys were both 9lbs also, and my "baby" is 4 and 1/2 so there's no longer an excuse. I had to take these today, because like you, I've always hidden behind something. After seeing everyone post their before picks I knew I had to take some and put them up so that in a few months, when i'm discouraged and want to eat my way across the Thanksgiving buffet, I'll know why I have to be good:)

My "baby" just turned 4 and my oldest just turned 8...it goes so fast!
    You're right, you'll be glad you had these.
    I just realized I hadn't even measured my inches, either, until about a month ago...if you haven't, you should do that now, too. It's a great reminder of how far you've come when the scale may not be reflecting what you expect (especially as you gain muscle and change shape).

The good news is, I did lose 3" in my hips since the middle of July, so that's encouraging! If I had measured in May when I started, I would probably be ecstatic!! :smile:
  • me525
    I need to get a "sewing kit" tape measure tomorrow, right now all I have is the capentry one my husband uses:) and you're right, I will be glad I have those pics, kinda as a reminder of what i don't want to be. (my boys are 4 and 6)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!