What life lessons has losing weight taught you?

Options

Replies

• ccpinnick
    ccpinnick Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is my second time around. But this time I'm actually trying- not starving and walking 12-15 miles a day. The lesson that losing weight and then gaining it back is more important than any lesson just losing could teach me. No matter what; you have to take care of yourself. You can't eat whatever and lie around and expect to stay fit- not unless you're blessed with an incredible metabolism.
    Yep, I agree. I did the same thing.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Best thread I think I’ve ever read on these forums.
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Patience, patience, patience. And learning to enjoy the experience - it's all about the journey.
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race.
    When there are setbacks or plateaus, I focus on the fact that I did it before which is proof I can do it again.
    When I don’t see results I like or slide backwards, my signature move is a shrug and “oh well” before getting on with the rest of my day/life.
    My current weight/waistline is not the most important thing about me.

Body fat % below 20% for second time on this two month journey—going for 15%.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!