IBS

Options
Anyone dealing with IBS ? So I am getting into my fitness Pal but I find myself going for low calorie foods such as veg, salad and fruit which all set off the IBS. Anyone got any hints and tips? I am thinking of putting up my calories just so I can moderate this, otherwise I will give up again 😔

Replies

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I also have IBS. I’m going to do the low FODMAP diet because I’ve done research and it’s supposed to help IBS. I’m just waiting until January to start it! Google low fodmap list of foods and eat those for three-six weeks. Then slowly reintroduce the high fodmap foods and see which foods you need to avoid. If nothing happens then you can continue eating that food. Fingers crossed this works.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    I also have IBS. I’m going to do the low FODMAP diet because I’ve done research and it’s supposed to help IBS. I’m just waiting until January to start it! Google low fodmap list of foods and eat those for three-six weeks. Then slowly reintroduce the high fodmap foods and see which foods you need to avoid. If nothing happens then you can continue eating that food. Fingers crossed this works.

I did this with my gastro and it helped but find that I have had to tweak things over time because I've had things that didn't trigger me before start triggering me out of the blue.
  • huggit
    huggit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »

Hi I have tried the low fodmap diet but unfortunately it did not work for me 😔 I could not eat a lot of the low fodmap foods I do wonder if my lifetime of dieting had caused my problems 🤔
  • sheryl238
    sheryl238 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    i am somewhat doing the fodmap to an extent. My diet i know what not to eat over time with the attacks garlic spicy foods raw vegetables lettuce gluten frutose. The fodmap does help when your stuck and do not know the triggers. Any tips on consistency i find it tough with lack of support from doctors i am sure others are the same.
    I had cediff in 2012 cured. Since theni went on ibs probiotics do help also depending on which one. Does anyone know one that is free of dairy vegan and gluten?
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have IBS too. You can eat whatever is comfortable for you as long as you remain in a calorie deficit (if that is what your goal is). I usually don't eat salad unless i know i'll be home for the rest of the day.