When I go down,I go down hard!

Ok so the last few months i have been stuck in the 170's and cant get out of them. Its like I sabatoge myself when ever I get close. Being on here helped me have a steady weight loss and I was at 174. Yesterday, I was looking at my calories compared to the exercise I had already done. I said to myself well since I have 300cal left I dont need to go to the gym and I didnt. But that later that day I ended up eating a semi-large peice of cake, then went on to eat a large fri and a medium chocolate shake at mcdonalds. And this has happened to me more than once, i just dont know why!

Has anyone been through something simmilar? How did you get out of it?

Replies

• JJLive
    JJLive Posts: 88 Member
    Just decide if you'd rather lose more weight or have some chocolate cake. You are not a victim, no one is demanding you go over the calorie count. You can do whatever you set your mind to, do not give up!
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Ok so the last few months i have been stuck in the 170's and cant get out of them. Its like I sabatoge myself when ever I get close. Being on here helped me have a steady weight loss and I was at 174. Yesterday, I was looking at my calories compared to the exercise I had already done. I said to myself well since I have 300cal left I dont need to go to the gym and I didnt. But that later that day I ended up eating a semi-large peice of cake, then went on to eat a large fri and a medium chocolate shake at mcdonalds. And this has happened to me more than once, i just dont know why!

Has anyone been through something simmilar? How did you get out of it?

Don't let that get you down! Just shrug it off and keep on a trucking! :) Today is a NEW day! You can do this!!!
  • I am the same way- when I stop calorie counting or think I can take a break from exercise it turns in to a long long long break. My partner and I have started exercising two times a day- before work and after work. Even though our work outs are sometimes only 20-30 minutes, its still something. Plus if we end up skipping the evening session- we know we will be working out in the morning. This way our cheats, or breaks from exercise are only once a day. As for food I just stay away from it all. We have blueberries in the freezer for when I want something sweet and I'm drinking seltzer during football instead of beer. Somehow it's less punishment then water because its carbonated and in a can :)

My new rule is to never really give myself a break because I know it will set me back too much. I have the weights in the living room and signs near the tv that read "TV time = stretching time". The more frequent I do something the easier it is to work into a routine. It's not perfect but its better than my previous attempts. Good luck!
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    I think self-sabotage is something we all go through at some point. Key is to let it go and get yourself back on track the next day. One day won't make or break your loss so just move on.
  • myfurturelooksgood
    myfurturelooksgood Posts: 30 Member
    Hi, just want to put in my two cents. I can do that to myself, too. It's almost like the "fear of failure, fear of success" thing in that why do I quit doing what is good for me? Self-sabotage is what I call it. I am working on developing a couple things that seem to be working for me. One is that I have no junk food in the house-no processed, pre-packaged, pastries, cookies, donuts, candy, white bread, lunchmeat-for me to run to easily. When I get into the "I can get away with it or I deserve it" mode, I drink a 8oz glass of water and procrastinate. If after 30 minutes, I just gotta have it, I make myself work for it. Like take a shower, do my hair, get dressed, get in the car, and go buy it. Most of the time, I am too lazy to do all that. And I have healthy options available to me at all times. I used fresh vegetables, like carrots, for the crunch and fresh fruit for the sweet hunger. And my newest motto is "nothing ever tastes as good as losing weight feels"-I find that to be true once I succumb to my danger food. Lastly, if I just gotta have it and my willpower is weak, I purchase the smallest size package I can find so I don't have leftovers in the house. Like 14 jellybeans for 150 calories is a treat but reeks havoc with my sugar intake, so I have to account for it in other ways. Sorry to be long-winded but hope you can glean something useful here. Hang tough and all the best!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    PLAN AHEAD!!! Plan out your entire menu for tomorrow before you head to bed tonight. Don't eat anything that's not on your plan. That's what I do (although I do have to make changes from time to time), and it works wonders for me. If I don't have it all planned out, I'm much more likely to slip. And when I'm making the plans, I make sure to eat something filling for dinner, so I won't be tempted to eat more afterwards.

Also, this is a good read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/276765-if-you-drop-an-egg
  • Thanks for all your posts! Since I dont have to much support at home its so nice to come on MFP and get support(: