It's that time of night..

Options
It's that time of night again. About to get off work and have serious cravings for random things.

Right now it's mini donuts... and I don't even like donuts. I get so tempted to get food on my way home. Either fast food or the grocery store a block from my house. If I don't, I end up trolling through the fridge or pantry trying to find that thing I'm craving that isn't there.

Yes, I'm a little hungry but if I eat anything, it's a slippery slope. Tea and water don't help much.

Who else deals with this? I need stories!

Replies

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Come up with options that fit within your calorie goal:

1. Fast food lower calorie options like grilled chicken wraps, baked potato, small cheeseburger, kids french fry, etc...

2. Convenience store options like hummus and crackers, turkey sandwich, fruit, etc...

3. Carry a snack with you that works for you. Maybe it's something that feels like a 'treat'.
  • mstarks01
    mstarks01 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I noticed something interesting about my eating. Last week when I was traveling on business I ate sweets, which I don't normally do. This week I am craving them, and that's also unusual. So, I guess my point is that it is possible to lose the cravings if you don't eat sweets regularly. I know, easier said than done.
  • Krisydee
    Krisydee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's that time of night again. About to get off work and have serious cravings for random things.

Right now it's mini donuts... and I don't even like donuts. I get so tempted to get food on my way home. Either fast food or the grocery store a block from my house. If I don't, I end up trolling through the fridge or pantry trying to find that thing I'm craving that isn't there.

Yes, I'm a little hungry but if I eat anything, it's a slippery slope. Tea and water don't help much.

Who else deals with this? I need stories!

I'm like that too. If I let myself eat a little bit more it snowballs. So that is why I have to be extremely strict and restrict my calories. If I eat too much it never turns out good. But if I am restrictive then I do not waiver. My only downfall is the weekends when I drink alcohol. That is the only thing in my way. What helps me during the week with food intake, I would say, is watching inspirational speeches on my Spotify account, drinking. TONS of water and also taking a warm shower. I also try and focus on how I am feeling mentally and visualizing me getting to my goal and how that will feel. Hopefully those things help you.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I know how I feel and for me it is usually what I smell. Hot oil (used in a deep fryer for just about anything) is the culprit for me. But then I imagine how filthy, black, stinky, disgusting that oil is which has been sitting in the deep fryer burning away for a week or even longer. Some fast food places put on their exhaust air flow in reverse first thing in the morning. Everything smells so "delicious" of oil, of cooking greasy stuff and the places fill up with customers right away. I had to learn my lesson the hard way, but this approach works for me...
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Why not plan a snack after work? Think it over. It has to be something satisfying enough to get you to go straight home.