Workout Shoes

Options
I set a goal for myself to lose a pound a week for a year. I'm 9 weeks and 9 lbs away from reaching the goal. I have done all of this in shoes that are a half size too small (they were on sale, and I didn't know if I was going to really commit to working out back then). I have promised that I will get myself a new pair of workout/running (though I mostly use the elliptical) shoes when I meet my goal.
I'm cheap, but I like quality. Where do you buy inexpensive, good quality shoes?

Replies

• AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I like the New Balance brand. You can usually find them on sale at Kohls.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I buy my shoes at REI. they are a little bit more expensive but if you try out the shoes for a few weeks and hate them (or they fall apart), you can take them back. I've never had another store provide this type of customer service.
  • DeeKay2169
    DeeKay2169 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    First off you look FANTASTC!! Good job! I have bought cheap shoes off ebay and at academy. If you go to foot lockers you can score a deal if you do your research.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I would not suggest NIKE....I bought a pair to run a 5k in and at the end of the race my whole big toe nail was bruised from the toes being sooo narrow. I love my NB! I found a pair of Nike's I like but scared to get them since I had a bad experience. I will probably buy more NB!
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love Under Armor shoes. They are super light and very comfortable. I got mine at one of the Under Armor outlets for $45. I used to be a NB and Nike girl, but these blow them out of the water!
  • Maylene74
    Options
    Good for you!! Great job! I'm not sure if you have any outlets near you, but I buy the Reebok EasyTone and SimplyTone at the Reebok Outlets. I don't think they strengthen or tone my calves, butt, whatever...I just like the feel of them. Very comfortable.

New Balance has outlets as well. I'd look there first. They have a great selection. This way you're still getting a nice good pair of shoes for you without paying huge markup prices for the 'latest style'.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Mine are New Balance (from Zellars, in Canada)... they were $15 on sale, 30 regular. and I'm pretty sure they're cheaper (or less expensive, I should say) in the States.

They've taken about 2 months of outdoor running abuse and are still holding strong :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    My running shoes are New Balances; they aren't cheap (about $65) but they were worth every penny. They have been a lifesaver for me since I have rough ankles and knees from sports.
  • Nursebeachnut
    Options
    I have always been a Nike Girl...but I have fallen in love with Saucony running shoes...i get them at TJ max or Marshals they go from $29.95 to 39.95///nice quality and fit well.
  • bordershelly
    Options
    Don't cheap out on shoes!!!!! They are the most important peice of "clothing" you own. That being said I find New Balance shoes to be really good and generally reasonably priced.....
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Asics and Mizuno are great.
  • ksandy1224
    ksandy1224 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have two pair of ASIC's and just bought a pair of Ryka's. My first ASIC's were pretty expensive, nearly full retail at the Finsih Line. I have discovered since then that if you look around you can find last year's models at drastically reduced prices. I bought my second pair of ASIC's at Famous Footwear and my Ryka's at DSW. You should also register to receive emails from different shoe stores that you're going to go to and they'll more than likely send you coupons. Good luck! And ditch those shoes that don't fit properly! Your feet will thank you!!!!!
  • rachelpinson
    rachelpinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily want to "cheap out" on the shoes - I just want good quality at a reasonable price. Less than $100, and hopefully less than $50!
  • rachelpinson
    rachelpinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    And ditch those shoes that don't fit properly! Your feet will thank you!!!!!

Oh, don't I know it! I think my feet are more excited about meeting the year-long goal than I am!