Advice?

Options
whit41587
whit41587 Posts: 1 Member
Just joined. Looking for tips to lose weight faster (approx 10-15 lbs in a month). I’m getting married soon and need to fit into my dress 😳

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Unless you are morbidly obese, that rate of loss is unlikely and it’s also unsafe.

You can, with a reasonable calorie deficit lose maybe 5-8 lbs in a month.

How soon is the wedding? Can you still have your dress altered?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Losing that fast is a really bad idea. Unless you want to be fatigued, cranky, and gaunt for your wedding.

How much total weight are you trying to lose? 1-2 lbs per week is the most likely the most you should be trying for. Please take care of yourself!
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    10-15 lbs in a month is probably not going to happen. How much do you have to lose in total?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    whit41587 wrote: »
    Just joined. Looking for tips to lose weight faster (approx 10-15 lbs in a month). I’m getting married soon and need to fit into my dress 😳

If you're looking to drop such a large amount in a month I'm going to guess your wedding is very soon. In which case I'd focus more on getting the dress altered, or getting one that fits without having to lose 10-15lbs to get into it.
  • dogWalkerTX
    dogWalkerTX Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    whit41587 wrote: »

How tall? How much do you weigh?