OMG! I so feel like giving up.

Options
I really don't know what's going on with me today but I so feel like giving up on this weight lost thing. Really hoping this will pass by 4:30 pm which is my gym workout time. Need to get in a good workout to shake this mood. :cry:

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Just think about Silence of the Lambs, if you don't you're going to end up as part of a skin suit.
  • cchristman12
    cchristman12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP! YOU CAN DO IT! I have not seen your profile, yet, but just hang in there. Think of a good reason why you want to loose weight and go with it.
    I'm going to Disney in November and I want to shed some lbs. fo rthe tirp! Thinking like that help me not want to eat so much.
    Hope this helps you.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Just think about Silence of the Lambs, if you don't you're going to end up as part of a skin suit.

...omg, gross.
  • patricia184
    patricia184 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That feeling hits us all but THINK about all the reasons you want to be healthy! I have made a list of reasons that I look at when I feel like giving up and that helps. Remember how awful feel when you binge and eat sugar! Remember how good you feel when you put great food in your body and you exercise!:happy:
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!

Go to the gym, workout...you'll feel so much better after you are done. Then pat yourself on the back!

Hang in there!!!!!
  • nydragon
    nydragon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    think angelina jolie!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    well you could give up but i bet you will still continue feeling defeating and generally unhappy

doing a work out WILL lead to healthy habits forming and THIS is what makes you feel great

everyone feels like quitting at some time or another, and most people DO quit because if they didn't than everyone would be thin and fit. Its not easy but it IS worth it so...

Just Do It!
  • Davis1818
    Davis1818 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Give yourself permission to go to the gym for 10 minutes and see how you feel after that.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I really don't know what's going on with me today but I so feel like giving up on this weight lost thing. Really hoping this will pass by 4:30 pm which is my gym workout time. Need to get in a good workout to shake this mood. :cry:

Did you get enough sleep? Do you need to drink some water? Water is proven to wake up the body and provide energy.

What have you eaten today? What is your weather like in your part of the world?

Things for you to ponder on. And remember, your attitude is a choice!! Choose to be positive and reap the rewards.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    We have all had those days. Just keep pushing and pushing, force yourself to the gym. I know once i get in there i feel 10* better. Nothing good has ever came from giving up and nothing comes easy. Just hard work and good luck
  • kisha446
    Options
    Maybe you're especially in the move to give up because you are low on energy right now or water. Do some quick jumping jacks or fresh air and drink a really cold glass of water. But if it not that and your just tired of the grind- think about those goals and take a MUST DO IT attitude. I've always felt better after my exercise although I am always looking for a million ways to quit beforehand. Pavlov dog theory just doesn't always work on us humans but results will. STAY ON COURSE!! We are rooting for you!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

haha, best advice ever.

OP: just go and do it. All it takes is to see a little bit of results and you'll be hooked.
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Give up then what? How will it make you feel? How will you look next month?

Keep going and then what? How will it make you feel? How will you look next month? :)

We all have choices and consequences for our choices. Which one will you pick? Have a GREAT workout and let those endorphins get you back in a good mood!
  • shoegirl2
    Options
    Definitely hang in there! If it's low energy, try having a V8 or high-protein yogurt in the afternoon. If you are not doing weights in your workout, try adding those if you are not seeing the results you feel you should have by now.

Also, I saw your question yesterday about the sauna: I have heard that you can lose weight in the sauna because it burns calories, but I have not experienced a weight loss from using the sauna. I DO feel better by sweating out any of the "toxins" they say may be in our systems, and I feel it helps my skin.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Well, here's a solution: DON'T give up! Get off your *kitten* and GET IT DONE! Do you want to gain back any weight you've lost?! Just do it!!!

(Hope you don't mind a bit of tough love ;))
  • luvnlife6
    luvnlife6 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
  • luvnlife6
    luvnlife6 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The Silence of the Lambs post has to be the best post for today. Now I'm laughing. That's for the pick-up. I needed that.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    The Silence of the Lambs post has to be the best post for today. Now I'm laughing. That's for the pick-up. I needed that.

It works. I rewatch the movie about 2x a month and then I go for a nice long run and stay motivated.
  • shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You can do it! I struggle alot too, but I keep reminding myself of why I want to lose weight and be healthy! Maybe you could put little inspiration sticky notes up around your house to help you remember and keep the motivation! :)
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    Dont give up yet!!!!!!!