Moving to maintenance, Finally!

I'm finally here, after about 18 months of a deficit. I posted in the weight loss board for help because I was getting burnt out with the last 4lbs. It was basically a unanimous vote for diet/break maintenance. So here I am! I've decided that'll i'll just gradually slide into it. I'm going to increase my exercise as well so i'll probably end up eating at a really small deficit. I'll be making sure i'm meeting my macros as I've slacked on that the past few weeks. My weight range is 130-140lbs (big I know, but I can gain six pounds at a restaurant dinner easily. At 5'4, I believe that this puts me in a good spot. I can't wait for recomp and I'm so excited to be able to eat more.
My plan is to increase my calories by 100 biweekly until I get up to maybe 1800-2000 calories and see how I feel. Do you all usually fill your remaining calories with carbs? my current deficit is 155 carb, 45 fat, 100 protein. I'm doing before and after pics this weekend too! I'll be sure to post!

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Welcome to maintenance!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Congratulations, you worked hard and deserve your maintenance badge. I arrived there on February 20th and despite all that I read of others having challenges in maintenance-land, haven't experienced it yet. Down another 5.3 lbs. since then and 0.4 lb. below the low end of a 5-lbs. ideal weight range. Wishing you the best that you find maintenance to be challenge-free and just another day in your fitness, health and wellness journey.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:

"Do you all usually fill your remaining calories with carbs"

Yes/no/maybe!

Simple answer is that I just eat more of the foods I like. I didn't/don't specifically target carbs for reducing calories, my overall diet just gets smaller not particularly different when I want to lose weight.
    Caveat on a big exercise day (multi-hour) then I target a very high carb intake for fuelling reasons.

Beyond ensuring I have a good (high'ish) protein intake I don't fret about macros. Flexibility and enjoying good food are big positives for adherence for me, that's not going to be the same for everyone though. If tracking, rules and restrictions help others then that's what they should continue. Very important for long term success to know yourself and play to your strengths and mitigate your weaknesses.

I have been thinking about just going back to the calorie tracking and watching my protein level rather than just watching all macros. I think i'll alternate the two different methods to see if i feel any different.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    Welcome to the group, we're a pretty awesome bunch of people :D
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Congrats! I would add the increase proportionately across all macros to keep the % the same.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Great job!