Bulk life or cut life

Options
In the past few months my arms have definitely gotten bigger but should I continue with my bulk or should I cut for summer then continue the bulk after
Any opinions and advice welcome

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    What's your current height, weight, bodyfat% and goals?
  • David7881
    David7881 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It really depends on you. Some people like to feel and look big and dont mind bulk all year round.
  • patrickrea2002
    patrickrea2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I’m 5,9 I weight 151 lbs I’m 18 percent bf and my goals are to have a good amount of muscle mass as well as being lean enough to have my abs defined like 10 percent body fat
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    If your stats are accurate your going to be like 130 pounds at 5-9 and ten percent bf. Very very skinny. What is your training program like? You really should be able to add some muscle without much fat at your current training age aka newbie.

Personally I think the cut or bulk question is impossible to answer without a picture

I also think newbies who have some body fat to lose shouldnt worry so much about bulking or cutting. Set calories right below maintenance or at and train consistently and correctly for a year and then see
  • patrickrea2002
    Options
    I have been doing a compound lifts programme with bench press, squats deadlifts and other lifts
  • patrickrea2002
    Options
    I’m terms of pictures I can just say that I’ve got 4 intersections of abs but then as it gets lower I have a little bit of a belly
  • patrickrea2002
    Options
    I just want muscle mass and to be lean enough to have my abs popping, which should I work towards first
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Do you feel like you have built enough muscle base to cut down ? Otherwise I would keep bulking especially if you still look fairly lean. Abs popping is a result of not only low bodyfat but adequate muscle as well. Keep working and you will get there.