Intermittent Fasting vs. 6 Small Meals per day

Options
2»

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Six small meals a day seems like a lot of work and mental bandwidth thinking about food, planning to eat, preparing meal, eating, cleaning up, thinking about how good or bad it was, thinking about the next meal, etc. it seems like an endless loop.

But, I agree do what is best for you. Find your sweet spot which may be a floating one.

Results in relation to goals is one way of determining if one has found their sweet spot, I found mine.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Six small meals a day seems like a lot of work and mental bandwidth thinking about food, planning to eat, preparing meal, eating, cleaning up, thinking about how good or bad it was, thinking about the next meal, etc. it seems like an endless loop.

Some people love that pattern and finds it helps with hunger.

I have the same reaction you do (even though IFing also is not my current preference).

But that's precisely why I would need MORE discipline to do the 6 meals a day thing. And one reason I think it's better I don't. For me the IFing pattern doesn't really require any more discipline than how I naturally like to eat -- 3 meals, no snacks. I don't IF since I like eating in the morning, and like cooking and eating dinner at home. But for others that's not an issue, and they may prefer it.

There's no superior eating pattern overall, but may be for individuals at a particular time, and only the individual can figure out what it is, so no one can answer the question posed in this thread besides than OP.