Frustrated

Options
I have been going up and down 1kg for past week omg so frustrated🤨 I know it’s my own fault slipping up here and there - I think I need an actual diet menu plan to stick to

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Your weight goes up and down all the time! The scale doesn't just weigh your fat, it includes all the other stuff, most notably water weight, which can go up and down day to day, hour to hour, week to week. You are looking for a downward trend over weeks and months, not day to day.

Focus on calories, hit that goal. I find pre-logging my day really helps keep me on track, as does not setting myself with too many rules other than calories. There is a learning curve, be patient :smile:
  • kjantosh
    kjantosh Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Even just forcing myself to log my meal just before I eat rather than after really has helped put calories in perspective and then I can tell myself "well I can't have that" or "only so much of this."
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    You can gain 5 lb in a day and it will have nothing to do with fat gain. It's the way your body works, processes waste, holds and releases water. This is completely normal. If you went up and down 1kg for a month, then perhaps your logging isn't tight enough.