Cellulite

Options
What is the best exercise for getting rid of cellulite in thighs and butt? Cardio, lifting, or squats

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    cellulite is largely genetic. I know some very lean women who are extremely fit that still have cellulite. one of my best lady friends is a competitive cyclist and has 6 pack abs...still has cellulite...and she's still smokin'
  • Sharod_BeastFit
    Sharod_BeastFit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Strength training and cardio. Running will do depends on how fuctional your joints are. I have seen before and after pic of those who had cellulite and it wasnt not there anyone. It was replaced with muscle toning.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and exercise might do it, bit not necessarily. Even some slender professional athletes have cellulite.

https://breakingmuscle.com/amp/fitness/the-little-dirty-secret-of-the-female-athlete-cellulite

Sure cure? Photoshop, maybe medical intervention. That's how celebs do it on IG. ;)
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I still had cellulite when I was medically emaciated with an eating disorder when I was 16. I realised that it was never going to go away entirely then, hah.

I'm now about 40 pounds heavier (now a healthy weight for my height). I recently lost 10-14 pounds and also got more into regular weight lifting, running, and yoga. My cellulite isn't as noticeable as it was before the weight loss, but it's still there. Doesn't bother me anymore.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I still have cellulite despite being at a healthy / lower end of healthy BMI. I train 6 days a week usually, I’ve run a marathon, swum 5k, competed in Half-ironmans, ridden 100’s of miles ... it’s still there! Complete genetics in my case.
    I guess it does look better when I’m not overweight but it’s certainly not disappeared.