Back Pain

Devil_Dawg
Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
edited March 2019 in Challenges
Hi Folks,
Looking for support, suggestions or any advice on how I can relieve chronic back pain. I injured my back when I served in the Marines. I've tried all types of ideas and alternatives but I live in constant pain. Recently I went to the hospital and saw two seperate doctors but all they want to do is precribe me medications. I signed up for physical therapy and I will be seeing a Chiropractor hopefully next week. I've been resting for the past few days using heating pads and doing light stretching. My back feels like C%$#. I can barely do anything. I'm all ears for any advice. Feel free to add me as a friend for ongoing support.

Replies

• SassyMcFattypants
    SassyMcFattypants Posts: 36 Member
    Sorry you had to go through that :(

Since I have put on weight my back hurts ALOT. I got MMJ (legal in AZ with card). It has helped. I used to be on so many medications. I just stopped taking them a year ago. Just decided I was fed the f up! So I tapered

I totally back your decision about medication, but there is one I still take. Gabapentin. It's a wonder drug for me. No side effects. I still don't like that I need them, but come to a place where I can accept it.

I wish you the best of luck. I'm sorry again this is happening:(
  • MAJdansk
    MAJdansk Posts: 145 Member
    Hope the PT helps you as it did me. I had two herniated discs, four steroid injections, and strong analgesics, but when I was finally put in a serious PT program, that did the trick. Mostly core and leg strengthening exercises. Of course, weight loss, especially in the abdominal area, helps take strain off your back. Wishing you good healing!
  • Devil_Dawg
    :) Thank you. Feel free to add me if you like. By the way today was my last PT session. I'm bummed but I'll keep incoporating the exercises and stretches.
  • IrishMustangBabe93
    IrishMustangBabe93 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 26 yrs old and Fighting Life Everyday with several Medical Issues; one of which is Scoliosis, curving of the spine (can also be in the neck, mostly the back thou). I had my back fusioned back in 2007, have had 2 screws removed, but still dealing with pain. More here lately, due to my scoliosis has gotten worst.

I don't like exercise by myself. And don't like medications either. But any Advice would be appreciated.

Good Luck to You All and God Bless
  • Devil_Dawg
    Hi,
    You sound like a "Fighter"

Anytime you want to chat, vent, or share ideas, I'm all ears.

What I've been doing against medical advice is walking and speed walking. I will also incorporate very light jogging and alot of stretching. I've also tried doing yoga and stretch tapes and I utilize alit of bands. Also alot of hit showers and soaking with Epsim Salt lol. I'm going to see if I can incorporate swimming because I've been recommended that its beneficial with bone pain and flexibility.