Healthy Chicken salad sandwich

Options
mycsatx
mycsatx Posts: 4 Member
I don’t know why but I just love chicken salad sandwiches. Anyone got a good healthy of it? Thinking without mayo?

Replies

• valeriemachado81
    valeriemachado81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Use plain Greek yogurt. Add any combination of some pickles, capers, celery, bell peppers, shredded cabbage, what ever sounds good! Some seasoning salt, fresh cracked pepper, and a splash of lemon juice or vinegar.
    Yum!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    I make chicken salad by mixing with a chopped avocado, a jar of commercial salsa and some chopped fresh coriander.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I use fat free cool whip with diced up apples. It's a little different flavor compared with mayo but really good.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with mayo? There is nothing inherently unhealthy about mayo. Does it make it too calorie for your goal?
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    What's wrong with mayo? There is nothing inherently unhealthy about mayo. Does it make it too calorie for your goal?

Not sure about OP, but I like my chicken salad/tuna salad to have a high ratio of the “salad” part to the chicken/tuna part. It’s not satisfying to have a whole can of tuna with only a tablespoon of mayo. Sometimes I do light mayo and regular mayo so there’s more liquid and not as many calories as if I’d used all regular mayo. Other times I use Greek yogurt as a replacement for some of the mayo, some people above use mashed avocado or something else. Easy way to get a delicious-tasting meal for fewer calories.
  • wraylyn
    wraylyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try mixing cooked chicken with slivered almonds, whole cranberries, finely chopped white onion and yogurt.
    Refrigerate over night.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Try Bolthouse Farms Cucumber Ranch dressing. It's made from yogurt, and it's 18 calories (1 tbsp).
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I use fat free cool whip with diced up apples. It's a little different flavor compared with mayo but really good.

Chicken and cool whip? That’s a combo I’ve never heard before (and never want to hear again😂)
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Blend in a food processor:1 Oz Neufchâtel cheese, 1 tbsp mayo (or Greek yogurt), 1/4 cup fresh spinach, black pepper & onion powder and added it to a drained 5 Oz can of chicken or 5 oz shredded cooked chicken breast.