My first figure competition!

Options
I have started training for my first figure competition next February. I am looking to find friends that have experience with competing, man or woman, that would be willing to give me advice or a bit of support. I am doing well so far but the sweets cravings are intense!

Replies

• TIMDILLON
    TIMDILLON Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    “Nothing tastes as good as winning feels.”
    Keep pushing! You look amazing!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I haven't competed but did intend to a couple of years ago. Didn't make it to the stage though for various reasons. Occasionally I still have thoughts of prancing around in a bling suit up on the stage but then I remember the sadness that is being hungry 24/7. I suppose I kind of got traumatized by my prep. However, I learnt a lot and since then have learnt also that I could have/should have approached it in a different way more suited to me (different coach/style) but it was a great learning curve!

I am still striving for the gainz and work out in the bodybuilding way, but just not dieting down to crazy levels.
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    @Ruben_Martins . He competes, been a virtual friend with him here and that's how I know. Best of luck
  • Vikingfit88
    Vikingfit88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @Cahgetsfit I am working with a flexible dieting coach so hoping that will make it a bit easier. We will see how it goes. I have a little one so can’t let myself get too crazy haha
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    @Cahgetsfit I am working with a flexible dieting coach so hoping that will make it a bit easier. We will see how it goes. I have a little one so can’t let myself get too crazy haha

Ah yes good for you. I did old-skool boiled chicken and asparagus. nearly killed me. My joie de vivre definitely died LOL. I also have a little one so yeah it wasn't easy. Now, if I ever do decide to do it again, it will be flexible all the way.