Decided to finally post one of these things...

Options
I won't go into too many details about myself, as I don't consider myself all that interesting, haha. Though, after posting a little bit in the challenge section I decided I guess I could use another person or two to simply have someone to just vent/chat to about dieting and such since I've been mostly doing it by myself since no one else in the family bothers.

A simple about me:
Middle-aged male, in his thirties. I've always enjoyed the kind of geeky things? Games and whatnot occasionally though it's also been a huge negative in my life as well. Weighed 400+ lbs at the beginning of April and after a long heart to heart with myself I knew changes would have to be made. Since my first weigh in or so on April 6th I'm down 23-24 lbs roughly as of the last time checking. Initially I started on an exercise bike at around 30 minutes per day and over the last week or two I've instead been shifting to walking at least 30 min daily at a brisk pace instead and now mostly use the bike if the weather is bad or if I'm fighting a cold like I have been the last day or two.

It's a little bit of a wall of text, but that's generally where I'm at. Most of this time I've been doing really low carb, and it's worked fantastic for me.

Anyway..., enough about that stuff. Reach out if you think you'd like to discuss dieting, exercising, or even just someone to rant to about how you think the scale is broken. :lol:

Replies

• dogWalkerTX
    dogWalkerTX Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on getting started!
    I joined this week and don't know my way around yet.

Congrats on the 23/24 pounds.

I'm counting calories.