What to do when it looks like I'm actually going to succeed

Options
I've been overweight since I was in 2nd grade. I haven't fit into regular misses sizes since I was in 7th grade.

This is the second time I started losing weight (The final time, I keep telling myself). The first really successful time I lost over 60 pounds (I need to lose a total of 155 to get to a "healthy" weight for myself) I got down from a size 24/26 to a baggy 18. And then for some reason I lost my motivation. This time I've lost almost 30 lbs. so far.

I think I might be afraid of getting down to a normal size, because I've never been there before. It's uncharted territory.

To anyone out there with a story like mine, how do you become brave?

Replies

• Risty
    Risty Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't know the answer to that. When I lost most of my weight the first time, I was so close to my goal and then gave up. I gained most of it back, got pregnant, and gained more. Now I've lost the pregnancy weight but need to relose everything else. I felt like you did and I let it get in my way. This time, I won't do that! So I say, don't be afraid and just go for it!
  • lottanorde
    Options
    Remind yourself that you are worth it. That you are allowed to be yourself- that there is no need to hide :-)
  • CreekPrincess75
    Options
    I've always been overweight myself. I was mostly just chunky growing up. But through years of my father's emotional abuse and then my ex-husband, and fighting depression, I went up to 406 lbs and size 32/34. I am now making progress, and close to losing 50 lbs. Almost back to what I was over 12 years ago, but sometimes I am terrified of a new me and how I will behave. I've never been normal, yet I'm going to fight to be that way. I deserve it. Tell yourself you deserve it as well. You deserve to be a normal and regular girl, happy with who you are and are becoming!