Best Beachbody for strength

Options
I just signed up for Beachbody on Demand and am excited to get into some of the programs. My husband thinks he would like to try a program but he wants to do body weight exercises that are not cardio based (ie pliometrics or HIIT). We did T25 a while back and he doesn't like the jumping and impact. Any advice for him on what programs, or even which videos out of certain programs would be best? We currently don't have free weights which is why we are wondering if there are any that just use body weight.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I feel like there was a Tony Horton program that focused on body weight work, but I can't think of it. I think it was military themed?

If you are willing to get a couple of resistance bands, almost all of the BB programs have someone showing modifications using the bands.

There are some bodyweight strictly strength training programs that aren't BB (NerdFitness, You are Your Own Gym, Convict Conditioning).
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If there are programs he otherwise likes, he can modify and all the BOD programs I've seen do include modifiers.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Liift4 is pretty good, but had a small amount of hiit at the end of the lifting.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.
    I was looking at liift but I think you need free weights for that one? Maybe we should just but a set. I'm just not sure what weight we need
  • 25agirard
    25agirard Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Lift 4!!! It really changed my muscle tone!!! Hammer and Chisel is great, but I had to mute them because I didn't love their talking.....but if you can ignore them then the workout is good! You could also Pinterest a bunch of body weight circuit training stuff--there is TONS on there!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Liift4 is pretty good, but had a small amount of hiit at the end of the lifting.

I usually skipped the hiit and modified it when it came in the middle.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    LIIFT4 is great. I am currently working on Hammer and Chisel which is a good combo of weights and cardio.