Anybody gluten, dairy and sugar free?

Options
I'm looking for friends. I'm not particular, but am just wondering if anyone else has the same dietary restrictions as me.
I also can't eat coconut, but that one is just a little rediculous. haha

Replies

• Meganne1982
    Options
    I still eat some dairy- though have cut back... but I am gluten and sugar free- it's done wonders for my health :)

edit: well, I shouldn't say "free", some things I eat (such as fruit and very dark chocolate) have some sugar... but I avoid it as much as possible. I eat basically what some describe as "primal" or "paleo". :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Megs beat me here - sounds like a Paleo/Primal plan. There is a group here with similar requirements. I still eat dairy, but cutting back.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    White sugar, gluten/gliaden and dairy intolerant.

Oh, and my body rejects soy and eggs.
  • ndkristen
    Options
    I have a gluten and dairy allergy, and I try to limit the amount of sugar (especially refined/processed and artificial sweeteners) that I eat. I recently found out about the gluten allergy, so I'm learning to change my diet to accomodate that. I've had a dairy allergy since I was a kid, so that one I've got down. Let me know if you have any questions :).
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I am currently grain, dairy, legume and (added) sugar free. I'll probably experiment with adding some things back into my diet in about a month to see how I react. Luckily I can eat coconut, though! I would sure miss my morning coffee without it!
  • londonerin26
    londonerin26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am gluten free, I try to be dairy free... and I'm working on going sugar free, though that by far is the hardest. :)

(And by sugar free, I mean added sugar; I think fruit should be in my diet!)
  • lena69au
    lena69au Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have celiac disease, which also left me dairy intolerant and as I get older the sugar really bothers my metabolism more than it once did. I also have the added bonus of being allergic to soy, I have to wear a medic alert bracelet for it...makes eating interesting, particularly at restaurants!
  • ndkristen
    Options
    Eating out is definitely tricky. I have a blog/website in the works where you can rate restaurants based on their ability to accomodate your food allergies and intolerances. I'd like to create a place where you can check out a restaurant in advance. This way you can eat out in peace - with less fears about getting sick and knowing that they are kindly going to work with you rather than you having to divulge intimate details about your degestive system to a server that doesn't care. It's in the early development stages, but I got my first post up. Check it out at PeaceofMenu.com! I'd really appreciate feedback from people in the same boat. Please let me know what you think of the rating criteria and post about restaurants you've visited. Hopefully this will help people eat out in peace! Thanks!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! :bigsmile:
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    i'm gluten free and dairy sensitive but i do eat dairy lol
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have celiac's disease.. and with it came a long list food I cannot eat.. I am gluten, dairy, and grain free.. I also cannot eat corn syrup, and the gluten free stuff like tapica starch or sorghum or sunflower oil. I am working on cutting the sugar.. and have stopped eating legumes for the time being. I have been eating paleo and I feel so much better.. you should check it out. it is very close to the food you have to eat. I do not eat soy a general rule. I do use a lot coconut oil and milk.
  • oktoberblu
    Options
    I guess there are a bunch of us on here.

I've been gluten free for almost 2 years now. I'm very strict with that. Dairy I make exceptions for. Cream and butter I can eat (although their not weight loss friendly) as they're just fat, no lactose or milk protein. I've recently tried lactose free milk, but will not be continuing it. Sugar I am working on ...and finding the hardest. I know it causes me problems yet I struggle to give it up.
  • Aurelina
    Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Weightloss has become easy for me with no grain/no dairy/no sugars. Except for wine and dark chocolate. :drinker: :smile:
  • linsben
    linsben Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I guess there are a bunch of us on here.

I've been gluten free for almost 2 years now. I'm very strict with that. Dairy I make exceptions for. Cream and butter I can eat (although their not weight loss friendly) as they're just fat, no lactose or milk protein. I've recently tried lactose free milk, but will not be continuing it. Sugar I am working on ...and finding the hardest. I know it causes me problems yet I struggle to give it up.

Thats me! I'm a primal/paleo eater