BLENDERS! Any opinions on which one to buy?

Options
2»

Replies

• achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting an Oster MyBlender!!! It's got personal travel cups that you blend in... so instead of cleaning both the blender and the cup, you only have to clean one! And you can buy more than one cup!! However, I am not sure how well the blender works....
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting an Oster MyBlender!!! It's got personal travel cups that you blend in... so instead of cleaning both the blender and the cup, you only have to clean one! And you can buy more than one cup!! However, I am not sure how well the blender works....

My Oster is a few years old, so I'm not sure which model it is, but it has the blender pitcher, food processor and 2 individual cups! It is so versatile I love it! The blender works great on ice and frozen fruits!
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I do know this. You get what you pay for. Go industrial. You'll have it for the rest of your life.
  • mbroeckelmanpost
    mbroeckelmanpost Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have one of the inexpensive Oster blenders that I've had for years-- the blender itself is ok, not great. BUT-- I bought a couple of Zyliss quick blend shakers (search on Amazon), which make it perfect for smoothies. The Oster blade fits on the bottle while you blend (and the bottle is shaped well so that you don't get the air pocket in the bottom like you do with regular blender jars), and once you're done blending, you can remove the blade, screw on the lid, and take it with you.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Vita-Mix. Yes it's expensive, but it pays for itself over time with the great company record, product longevity and warranty, and ease of use. It makes quick and smoooooth work of almost anything, and the added plunger makes making thick smoothies easy. I figured that a lot of the money spent up front was money and hassle not spent later when cheaper blenders (that I've had) inevitably break and need replacing and/or can't process what I want. I am not affiliated with the company, I just love mine that much.

I'd love one, but $500?!?!

I have a nice Cuisinart dual blender/food processor that I've had for 3 years, use 3-4X a week, no problems, for $60. I've heard rave reviews about the Magic Bullet.

I always laugh when I hear someone talking about how much they love their Magic Bullet. A couple years ago I was at an "adult" party where they were selling "Magic Bullets" that also brought a lot of joy to women!
  • BodyWrapsGirl
    Options
    Magic bullet is GREAT. However, I have found that after about 6 months of using mine everyday that I need to replace my blade. It's a pretty awesome little blender though!