Starting the 30 Day Shred!!

Options
Today I am going out and getting the 30 Day Shred workout DVD by Jillian Michaels, and I am VERY excited to start it!!! Has anyone done this before? How was the experience? Also, if anyone would like to start it with me today, i'd love to have a buddy that will do it with me :) It's very inexpensive, no more than $11, and you can get it at local stores such as Walmart, FYE, and Target!

Replies

• lauram_23
    lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I bought it a while back and Jillian seriously kicked my *kitten* lol! It's great, a lot of people on here and various other sites have liked it and saw results if you keep it up. I am starting it either tomorrow or Monday, but I will be your shred buddy if you want :) Good Luck!
  • Brandellina
    Brandellina Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    LOL! I can only imagine how bad she works you, i've done a few of her workouts before and it felt like I ran around the U.S border!!! But that'd be great, we can definitely work out, and then complain about how sore we are to each other, together! Lol. Thank you!! :)
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I did it a while back ago, my first of Jillians dvds I tried. First level is cruel if you havent been working out for a while. It gets better 5 days in, so stick with it. You will get the best results if you keep at it and dont take more then one or two days of rest between each level if you need to but listen to your body and dont force it. Good luck!
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 13, but just wanted to pass along some advice! You will definitely wake up extremely sore tomorrow, but it is normal! Just take some ibuprofen to help with the soreness and push through it :flowerforyou: it will get better around Day 3 or so!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    And also, depending on how much you are excpecting to loose, take before and after pics, and measure yourself. Dont have to high expectations, to get the results you need to eat a pretty strict diet.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm starting next week so I'll just be a few days behind you.
  • Brandellina
    Options
    Thank you! I will definitely take your advice and stick with it!!
  • Tcasillas
    Options
    I do it! In level 3. I love it and you will see great results! Good luck and you will be sore
  • tb1006
    tb1006 Posts: 19
    Options
    I just bought it at Target for $9! I started it on Monday, so i'll be doing it right along with you! I LOVE IT! and hate it at the same time! haha. You feel it and that's the best feeling because you know it's working something. it's super quick too so you can fit it in a busy schedule!
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Hey, I'm currently on Day 3 of the shred, and it's brutal! I mean, yes, it's gotten better and I'm not as sore, but I still find the cardio tough on my lungs because I have bad lungs and it's a lot of jumping. But I'm sticking with it, I can't get better by quitting! Good luck with it!!!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Just finished doing a session - and it feels great! It's the only workout DVD I have ever wanted to do again. I did it every day for two weeks last summer and lost two inches off my waist before a holiday in Greece. I've never done the whole 30-Day stint - I've just restarted two weeks ago again and I'm doing it about three times a week interspersed with Callanetics (bit like Pilates) and hiking at the weekends. Main thing I've noticed this time is I'm not getting as out of breath as when I started two weeks ago. I have asthma and can get quite wheezy - so for my breathing to be getting better when exercising is fantastic (and proves it works!).
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just started Level 2 last night and I like it more than Level 1.

Definitely take measurements! I'm only losing about 1lb per week but after the 10 days of Level 1, I had lost an inch each off my waist and hips, and a 1/2 inch each off my upper arm & thigh.
  • militarywife100
    Options
    Im on day 5 today. Its for sure hard though...i didnt want to do it the second day but you just gotta push through it and it will get better by day 4 or 5... im adding you to my friends list so i can see how your doing with it! GOOD LUCK! and remember to just keep doing it every day even if you dont want to.
  • Brandellina
    Options
    You're all just motivating me even more to do it! Thank you so much for the feedback :) But I am scared of how much it will burn, but no pain, no gain, right? :drinker: Good luck to all of you as well!!!!
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love it! I never finished it.. I keep starting/restarting. Currently on Day 3... I started it last week but was away all weekend.. so I started over. After only a few days my stomach looks and jiggles less, my b/f definitely noticed too.. finally getting definition back a little bit. I can't wait to finish! If I'm seeing results in a few days, I can only imagine 30!
  • caitymay1
    caitymay1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with ya :) I started last week, then slacked off for a few days, so I restarted as of today! It is one of the best workout dvds I've ever done. Today was the first day that I was able to do ALL of the more difficult exercises (following Natalie), it was super empowering and I felt so good afterward. So if you wanna be workout buddies, I'll start day one right with you :) Add me if you'd like, caitymay1, I really enjoy doing challenges along with other people to help keep me accountable haha
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh... and another thing I noticed. I'm horrible at getting motivated.. but seriously.. it's only like 25 minutes with warm up and all... that's it. I have to talk myself into doing it, but once I do.. I seriously feel so energetic and luckily crave a lot of fruit and ice water after! Sucks I stopped and started again but this time i WILL finish lol. Best 25 minutes a day.. especially with a cool shower afterwards :)
  • Rachel1913
    Rachel1913 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on day 4 and am in a love/hate relationship with Jillian right now. It's a really great, short workout.
  • tougheadz
    Options
    hay add me as ur buddy
    i do level 1 and 2 with enhanced level 3 incorporated in them
    from tuesday i am going on diet so will be good to share results , it works!
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 on level 1 and I have to say it kicks my butt. It does get easier after the first day but you will definately be sore in the morning.
    Good luck