2 years - 140 pounds... and a new blog!

Options
fmas012
fmas012 Posts: 10 Member
edited May 2019 in Success Stories
I hit two years this week, and I've now officially lost 140 pounds (well, 143). Down from 400 to 257. And I decided that if I kept all that I've learned along the way to myself, that's a bit impolite. :-) So I decided to start a blog a share my recipes, tips, tricks... whatever I can think of that might help others on their weight loss journey as well.
I did all this after the age of 50, and honestly I haven't woke up a single day wondering how much longer I have to keep eating this way. I really think if I can do it, anyone can.
So good luck to everyone here, you can do it!
Frank

069j9d6scy11.jpg

[edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I’m a blogger too. Been doing it for over 10 years Wishing you the best in your continuing fitness, health and wellness journey, and your blogging. Pace yourself with both as you march forward.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You sir are a winner, period. YAY YOU!!!
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are truly amazing and thank you for sharing your success and blog!
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    awesome transformation
  • cheyeneinthesprings
    cheyeneinthesprings Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I read some of your blog. I love it! Thanks for putting that out there.
  • thatjodiegirl
    thatjodiegirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Where's the link to your blog?
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work paying off. You rock
  • fmas012
    Options
    Where's the link to your blog?

I think maybe you're not allowed to post links to things on the boards? I apologize if that's the case. Not trying to sell anything, just trying to help. Anyway, I did add the name and address of my blog in my profile so if you click on my profile you'll see it and can reach it that way. I think that's probably allowed.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    You are pretty inspirational and your blog is excellent - and so true! I too find that logging my food is such an incredibly valuable tool and, with assiduous use of the recipe builder and saved meal options I find that I only spend about 5 mins a day logging - it helps with my menu planning and, because I do it 95% (travelling abroad remains a bit of an issue - often no internet readily available) it helps me identify issues before they become big problems. Like you, I no longer see it as a pain in the neck or a punishment but a positive tool - pretty much like a find writing a weekly menu and shopping list. I don't eat or buy food not on my list - don't even have to think about it to decide. If I have planned my day well and eaten what I planned (we all slip up) I know any hunger pangs/nibble urges aren't real and can be safely ignored. Doesn't always work of course but mostly it does.
    Recording my activity also encourages the natural couch potato in me to get out there and do something.

Looking forward to more recipes - great job!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You really look incredible! I'd love to see the blog! I have so many family members who say its "too late" because "Im over 50, I am too old". NONSENSE!
  • fmas012
    Options
    You are pretty inspirational and your blog is excellent - and so true! I too find that logging my food is such an incredibly valuable tool and, with assiduous use of the recipe builder and saved meal options I find that I only spend about 5 mins a day logging - it helps with my menu planning and, because I do it 95% (travelling abroad remains a bit of an issue - often no internet readily available) it helps me identify issues before they become big problems. Like you, I no longer see it as a pain in the neck or a punishment but a positive tool - pretty much like a find writing a weekly menu and shopping list. I don't eat or buy food not on my list - don't even have to think about it to decide. If I have planned my day well and eaten what I planned (we all slip up) I know any hunger pangs/nibble urges aren't real and can be safely ignored. Doesn't always work of course but mostly it does.
    Recording my activity also encourages the natural couch potato in me to get out there and do something.

Looking forward to more recipes - great job!

Thanks so much for the very kind words, and I’m so glad to hear that you too seem to have figured out a program that works for you! That makes me really happy! Because I think everyone can do it, but they do have to find their own way... coming up with a plan that makes THEM happy!

And hey, if you do like my blog, I’d be so appreciative if you’d leave positive comments and/or share my posts where you you can... hopefully I can get it in front of some more people. I especially want people to understand that it’s never too late to start!

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you could also open your own MFP blog and cut and paste there when you write a new one? You’re allowed to post that link and we’d sure love to see them!
  • Rebekkah51119
    Rebekkah51119 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishments... Congratulations!!! 🎉🎈👍👏
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!