Calories estimator experts - give me your best guess

Options
pierinifitness
pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
Yesterday I took my 88-year young Mom to lunch for her birthday. We ate at a place that’s not a chain so popular menu selections are not in the MFP or other database. I had what they call Pollo di Modena, pictured below.

It was fettuccine pasta with chicken and sun-dried tomatoes in a balsamic reduction topped with basil, parmesan and roasted pine nuts. It included the service of toasted garlic bread in the photo. That was my complete meal and I ate it all.

For the experts who like a challenge, give me your best estimate of the calories for this meal. By the way, “era squisito.”

Had fun telling the server that I was taking my younger 88-year old sister to lunch who looks young enough to be her sister.

Thanks.

w4hixs6ax9aa.jpeg

Replies

• sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I haven't a clue about the amount of calories but it looks and sounds delicious! 😁
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    With the bread I'd estimate around 1,400 calories, based on similar dishes I've ordered at other restaurants. https://www.applebees.com/en/menu/pasta/classic-broccoli-chicken-alfredo
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I'd say 250 calories for the bread, and 850 for the pasta - pollo di Modeno is not traditionally cooked with a lot of fat (unlike alfredo which is a fat bomb) and your serving looks reasonable and not obviously laden with olive oil.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    That looks really delicious!!

I'd say it was at least 1,000 calories. Maybe closer to 1,200.
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    Wow @lalalacroix we are close.
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    Didn’t see other posts, many similar. By the way, my guestimate calc entered in my food journal was 1,164 calories.